Russian mini shuttles (in 1965 Krestyaninov / Tihonravov book)

antigravite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi eveybody. Not knowing in which thread I could post this info (there is one on 50/50 but this would not be appropriate), here is a scan of a page from an old (1965) Russian book by Krestyaninov and Tihonravov wherein three shuttles are sketched. Big thick books have recently been published in Russia dealing with shuttle projects. This one is a piece of history for reference.

Attachments

• 1965-Krestyaninov-Tihonravov_cover.jpg
    1965-Krestyaninov-Tihonravov_cover.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 89
  • 1965-Krestyaninov-Tihonravov_shuttles.jpg
    1965-Krestyaninov-Tihonravov_shuttles.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 182
Interesting. Thx. Flateric already made a reference to this, but we have a special thread on 50/50 and I was thinking about other mini shuttle projects.

TsAGI and other institutes, apart of design bureau themselves, were studying no less winged orbital vehicles configurations than NASA did in 50s (and later)

antigravite said:
Hi eveybody. Not knowing in which thread I could post this info (there is one on 50/50 but this would not be appropriate), here is a scan of a page from an old (1965) Russian book by Krestyaninov and Tihonravov wherein three shuttles are sketched. Big thick books have recently been published in Russia dealing with shuttle projects. This one is a piece of history for reference.
flateric said:
TsAGI and other institutes, apart of design bureau themselves, were studying no less winged orbital vehicles configurations than NASA did in 50s (and later)

Interesting book indeed, thanks Antigravite!
Unfortunately little information have, up-to-now, surfaced concerning those studies, except on the VKA-23/M-48 dated 1960, the Chelomey R-1/R-2 Raketoplan in 1964 (both winged spacecraft projects) and the BOR series/EPOS/Mig 105-11 starting in 1966 (lifting bodies).
Are there documents available concerning the Soviet lifting bodies researches leading to the BOR concept, (researches equivalent to the M1, M2, HL series by the NASA, or SV and FDL series by the USAF)?

Thanks in advance