• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

RN Strike [Fan Art]

Akaikaze

The hardest word to define is 'Normal'
Reaction score
Here's a quick design sketch for a 'What-If' aircraft that's been running though my head. Basically, it's a design for a replacement for the Buccaneer strike aircraft, flying sometime in the mid-60's. Just thought I'd share it...

Attachments

• lancer01.JPG
    lancer01.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 548

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
Interesting concept

I see that you have kept some of the design traits that the Buccaneer became known for – i.e. the split tail/airbrakes arrangement and most importantly an internal weapons bay!
Is the weapons bay of your design a rotary (Martin) arrangement like that of the Buccaneer?
Of interest what made you pick a pod engine arrangement?

The only thing that looks dubious to me is the wing design – as operating from a carrier!

Are you planning to do a model of this?
If so good luck, and keep us up to date

Regards
Pioneer

Matej

Multiuniversal creator
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechweb.genezis.eu
Nice concept. But I also think that the different air intakes or different engines placement should be used. Maybe then it will look much futuristic, who knows...

elmayerle

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Akaikaze said:
Here's a quick design sketch for a 'What-If' aircraft that's been running though my head. Basically, it's a design for a replacement for the Buccaneer strike aircraft, flying sometime in the mid-60's. Just thought I'd share it...

Mid-60's? You've features there that generally didn't appear, or were considered generally needed, until a couple generations of combat aircraft later when Low Observables (LO) became more important. I'll grant you that it's generally a good LO design, but that doesn't fit with the approaches taken at the time.