RN Steam Gun Boat Projects

Volkodav

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Doing some research on the RN WWII Steam Gun Boats and I came across the following:

http://www.model-dockyard.com/acatalog/traplet_Warships.html

"3 Steam Gun Boat Projects
Ref: MAR2725
3 Steam Gun Boat Projects
Three design studies by Admiralty, John Thorneycroft and Swan Hunter, for WW2. Steam powered Gunboats. Reference drawings for experienced modellers only, many details but to varied scales. MMI April 99 "

Picture provided by the linked site added

I hadn't heard of any other design studies though obviously there would have been, just curious if anyone has come across anything on them. I know the limitations of the type but they do look nice so wouldn't mind finding out more about SGB design studies, the Grey Class and now I'm thinking on it, whether the RN considered producing an equivalent to the larger German Fleet Torpedo Boats.

Anyway I am about to start flipping through my various books to see if I have anything on it but fully expect there are those on here who know more off the top of their heads than I will be able to find. I particularly love the "wow I never realised that" moments, that send me off buying and reading books I had never heard of.

Attachments

• mar2725.jpg
    mar2725.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 312
I have a pdf on the propulsion machinery from a post war engineering journal. Will attach when I'm home tonight. SGB is a very interesting path for evolution so thanks for posting the project info.