RE: New Books

Chris707

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I'd like to announce the arrival of the following:

speccovera.jpg

A must for the fans of "Luft '46" and "What-If"! This work documents unbuilt US designs from the 1930s to the present day, using US Government patent documents.

Some of these "what ifs" are outlandish, others might well have been built had things gone differently, and some are recognizable as having influenced aircraft that did end up being built.

A sampler:

*A jet powered flying wing fighter from Bell. Also, a number of unbuilt Airacomet derivatives/alternative designs.

*A "Twin Liberator" - two B-24s on a common wing.

* A McDonnell design contemporary with and similar to the XP-67 Moonbat, except being of pusher configuration.

*Large twin and four engined flying wings from Northrop predating the XB-35.

*VTOL F-104

Almost 200 pages, with hundreds of B&W side, top, bottom, frontal, and overall drawings. Lots of potential here for scratchbuilding and kitbashing!

Printed version, 198 pages softcover $16.99 + s/h

PDF version on CD $9.99 + s/h

watercover1a.jpg

*Chronicles the development of flying boats, anmphibious, and floatplane aircraft from the early days of aviation through the 1990s, through the use of patent documentation.

*Hundreds of 3-view, overall, and detail illustrations

*Covers many never-built "paper projects" - ideal for the scratchbuilder and "what-if" enthusiast

Printed version, 230+ pages softcover $16.99 + s/h

$7.75 PDF download

PDF version on CD $9.99 + s/h
seaplane2a.jpg

ORDERING INFORMATION:
http://www.dataviewbooks.com

Thanks

Chris

Do these books give any info apart from the patent drawings? Was it researched beyond downloading images off the patent server?

Not having dimensions can be a problem.

I bought all the books, excellent value for money (Downloads from 2 to 5$), very interesting contents, total satisfaction with my purchase and I'll spent hours researching from it.

Only patents Orion, but if anyone are looking for patents only (lots of unbuilt and exotic contents) I strongly recommend it ;)

Attachments

• acover.jpg
    acover.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 37
  • sapcecover.jpg
    sapcecover.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 37
  • subcovera.jpg
    subcovera.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 30
  • watercover1a.jpg
    watercover1a.jpg