Qatar announces shock beer ban at World Cup stadiums (The Daily Telegraph)

Seriously - I don't give a fuck whether France keep its world title or lose badly (as in: 1994, shame, 2002, SUPER shame, 2010: TERA-shame, that pendulum swings hard, maybe 2022 will carry on...) The whole thing is a murderous, cynical, corrupt joke. Fuck Qatar, and fuck FIFA.

Now I detest watching any sportsball games at all as much as the next nerd, but did you know that, according to the Wall Street Journal, see the original source at https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406, watching soccer, at least in terms of actual playtime vs. screen time, is actually mercifully short when compared with other native US time wastes like 'football' or baseball? Behold: https://critter.blog/2021/06/08/the-actual-playing-time-of-sports/. It appears that socalled American ball sports are really just one long series of commercials that are occasionally interrupted by some random running, chasing and throwing "action"...

It appears that socalled American ball sports are really just one long series of commercials that are occasionally interrupted by some random running, chasing and throwing "action"...

It is my understanding the the commercials are one of the main draws. And since the commercial-makers tend to be pretty good at what they do, the spectators are satisfied and hardly ever go on rampages except for when they do.

Boycott it and watch the snooker, like my cat.
Or curling
Drone racing.

Cricket. Greyhound racing.

More soccer - and, much like countless others things in that world last three decades (from President Trump to Star Wars second trilogy being total shit, because Georges Lucas overinflated ego), the Simpsons had nailed it to absolute perfection.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJu2qSJ9zno

Oh gosh, imagine if Qatar soccer fest ended like this... I WANT to see that happening.

Last edited:
Boycott it and watch the snooker, like my cat.
Also, snooker must be one of the few sports (ahem) you can drink while playing (or should that be play while drinking)

1668856379437.png

Big Bill Werbeniuk liked a pint while he played. Then there's the Hurricane*.

Anyway, there's international rugger on today and nine of my favourite teams playing.

Chris

*Higgins, not the trouser incident.

Last edited:
Well the world cup being about football rather than socker it must be the original. Football as in foot the ball or kicking it for the most part rather than throwing it. No idea how chuck the ball becomes foot the ball or anything else. As for banning sale of alcohol in public places goes, it IS their country to do what they want law wise. If folk do not like it, do not go and perhaps that particular experiment will not be repeated.
No idea why they thought it a good idea, knowing the Koranic attitude to a lot of modern life.
No, I'm not having a go but right to an opinion etc and the fact is we have football, some other people have chuck the ball.
And breathe..........

Now *this* might have made the World Kickball Cup actually interesting:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99TcUh1Yr98

Note that the ball used is notably smaller than a standard soccer ball. So the appropriate course of action would be to train a Siberian tiger to serve as goalie. If from time to time it mauls one of the human players...
1) At least it would make the game interesting
2) Finally the players could stop pretending to be injured and be *actually* injured.

Problem might arise from the blood and gore in the goalmouth. A bit of a slip slide and collide hazard. Not a problem but teams may run out of players though.

Problem might arise from the blood and gore in the goalmouth. A bit of a slip slide and collide hazard. Not a problem but teams may run out of players though.
How is that a problem? If a national team starts to run out of players...
1) Draft more. There are always prisons and detention centers.
2) Replace them with AI. Honestly, who'd know?

I believe that, going by general league states most sides would be better off hiring form national ballet groups. Dives a specialty de la maison. Al I would be a bit too expensive.

I believe that, going by general league states most sides would be better off hiring form national ballet groups. Dives a specialty de la maison. Al I would be a bit too expensive.
Tigers vs ballet dancers?

7fde4bd8d20a5f9512253cb3985a6e42.jpg

It appears that socalled American ball sports are really just one long series of commercials that are occasionally interrupted by some random running, chasing and throwing "action"...

It is my understanding the the commercials are one of the main draws. And since the commercial-makers tend to be pretty good at what they do, the spectators are satisfied and hardly ever go on rampages except for when they do.

Uh... what?

Uh... what?
Yes, exactly.

Back
Top Bottom