World B4
my bad y'all
- Joined
- 25 June 2017
- Messages
- 596
- Reaction score
- 558
According to Russianships
https://russianships.info/eng/warships/project_771.htmBoth formerly part of the Caspian Flotilla, the SDK-76 and SDK-102 would be sent to the Northern Fleet and Black Sea Fleet respectively, being seemingly replaced in the Caspian by 2 units of the same class from the Baltic Fleet. SDK-76 was being converted to a radioactive material transport ship and SDK-102 was being converted into a minelayer but neither project was completed and the ships were decommissioned in 1992 (76) and 1993 (102). I would love if anyone could provide further sources regarding these ship conversions.
For flavor, here's a H I Sutton article on an assault usv system that 3 ships of the class had, but was possibly retired before the ships themselves.
http://www.hisutton.com/Russia_BUCKS_unmanned_boat.html
https://russianships.info/eng/warships/project_771.htmBoth formerly part of the Caspian Flotilla, the SDK-76 and SDK-102 would be sent to the Northern Fleet and Black Sea Fleet respectively, being seemingly replaced in the Caspian by 2 units of the same class from the Baltic Fleet. SDK-76 was being converted to a radioactive material transport ship and SDK-102 was being converted into a minelayer but neither project was completed and the ships were decommissioned in 1992 (76) and 1993 (102). I would love if anyone could provide further sources regarding these ship conversions.
For flavor, here's a H I Sutton article on an assault usv system that 3 ships of the class had, but was possibly retired before the ships themselves.
http://www.hisutton.com/Russia_BUCKS_unmanned_boat.html
Last edited: