Profiles by Kryptid

Kryptid

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I decided to do some profile views of this interesting design."Aero Configuration/Weapons Fighter Technology". It reminds me a bit of a starfish from the top view. That's probably what I would have nicknamed it. Original thread (somewhere in the middle of the page): http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2392.45.html

Anyway, it seems to be an unconventional design in more than one way. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on how I should go about completing the drawing?

*I'm intrigued by the nozzle. Would this nozzle be a simple diamond-shaped hole in the back? Would there be any visible, moving parts? What would they look like?

*Would there be a gun port? Would it be similar in appearance to any existing designs (F-22, F-35, etc.)?

*Would the inlets have diverters?

*Would I need to show parts for the vortex-flow control aspect of the design? How might I do that?

*Air force or Navy?

Attachments

• ACWFTProfileSample.jpg
    ACWFTProfileSample.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,209
Re: McDonnell Douglas ACWFT 1204 Profile

Old topic, I know. Last night, however, I finally made myself finish the profile that I had started (I had gotten bored with it before and quit).

So this is what I've ended up with:

Attachments

• 1204.png
    1204.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 1,058

Very well done.

Many thanks!

I'm wondering if I should change the location of the overpressure doors or increase the size of the AIM-9 bays...

EDIT: Did some tweaking.

Attachments

• ACWFT.png
    ACWFT.png
    336.8 KB · Views: 845
Instead of making a new thread every time I make new art, I decided to change the name of this one.

The first one is a 3-view of one of Boeing's NGAD concepts. No guarantees for accuracy.

The second one is a top view of the other Boeing NGAD concept. Perhaps even less accurate than the first.

The third one is a 3-view of a Lockheed Langley Mach 4-5 methane-fueled penetrator.

The fourth is a color 3-view of the lightweight supercruise fighter shown as a schematic in the back of Dr. Daniel P. Raymer's Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach.

The fifth is a top view of the Rockwell ATF design (pre-stealth version).

Attachments

• RockwellATF2.png
    RockwellATF2.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Supercruiser.png
    Supercruiser.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 95
  • HypersonicJet.png
    HypersonicJet.png
    650.6 KB · Views: 85
  • BoeingFAXX.png
    BoeingFAXX.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 555
  • NGADprofile.png
    NGADprofile.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 653
Many thanks!

Hopefully I'll make some more in time.

EDIT: Dr. Raymer's NGAF concept.

Attachments

• NGAFProfile.png
    NGAFProfile.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 56
Is the NGAD 3 view a bomber? Looks an ideal F-15E and Tornado GR4 replacement. We can dream on esp the latter!
And the NGAFP 3 view. Is it a two seater? Was a weapon bay part of the equation?

The NGAD (Next Generation Air Dominance) is a proposed replacement for the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, so it will probably have similar design functions (air-to-air being a big part of it).

The NGAF (Next Generation Attack Fighter), I think, was supposed to have a crew of only 1 (it was a "low end" fighter design to complement the "high end" F-22). It did have an internal weapons bay. Based on what I could see of its CAD rendering, it carried 4 missiles internally in a central bay.

Hi Kryptid, great art work. I especially love the Lockheed Langley Mach 4-5 methane-fueled penetrator - a magnificent-looking aircraft. I have not seen such a design before, is it a real proposal or did you create it out of your imagination? If real, do you have any data about it? Thanks.

Thanks!

It was a real design study: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1967.msg76979.html#msg76979

I based the 3-view on this: http://www.aircraftdesign.com/lockheedhighspeed1985.jpg

As far as data goes, I did once estimate the dimensions based on that 2-view in the link above:

Total Length: 159 feet, 7 inches
Fuselage Length: 138 feet, 0 inches
Wingspan: 81 feet, 1 inch
Horizontal Tailspan: 15 feet, 3 inches
Chine Sweep Angle: 82.6 degrees
Leading Edge Wing Sweep Angle: 51.2 degrees

It was also supposed to fly at 120,000 feet.

Thanks Kryptid, a very prompt, informative & useful reply. Another good man this site can be proud of.

You're welcome, Foiling!

Next up is a design featured in "Living in the Future" by Dr. Daniel P. Raymer. It was supposed to be a low-cost CAS design powered by a single, non-afterburning J85 turbojet.

Attachments

• RaymerCAS2.png
    RaymerCAS2.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 32