Problem saving pictures on Surface Pro Tablet

Richard N

Lost in the Sky
Reaction score
On my Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet and on both Chrome and Edge browsers, I am having a problem on the SP site saving pictures. On other website pictures and on SP before a couple of days ago, to save a picture I put a fingertip on the picture and a menu would come up with options like "Open image in new tab, Save image as..., Copy image, etc.

Now on SP when I put my fingertip on a picture, it makes the picture get bigger and another tip touch makes the picture return to original size, but the image menu will not come up with screen touches. If I use my mouse and right click over the picture, the image menu comes up like it normally had using a fingertip on the screen. The touch works normally on other picture sites, but it doesn't work for me on SP. I have researched the problem, but can't find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Site hasn't been changed at all recently so I don't think its a code change.

I always click pic to enter slideshow mode and then click / press the download button myself (highlighted in Yellow):

SavePic.JPG

This works well to download several pics in a row.

Paul,

I had a big update on my tablet the other night and that broke a lot of my settings that I had to go back and fix. Strangely, SP is the only site I've had a problem with the Image menu not coming up. I'll use the download method you gave.

Thanks,

Richard

That fixed it! How does that work? I remember having to clear the cache to speed up slow browsing.

Sometimes the downloaded copy of a page or its scripts is slightly barfed, and Chrome (and hence Edge nowadays) is aggressive at serving you previously downloaded copies instead of getting a fresh one. Clearing the cache ensures fresh copies of all the files.