Porsche 255

JC Carbonel

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I am looking for a full -three view of this projected jagdpanzer. There is a side view in the Spielberger on Special Panzer but this is not enough to model the machine

thank you

JCC

I think I have, but can you post or pm me the side view or details of Spielberger on Special Panzer so that I am sure what I am looking for. I'm not sure of your designation, and I shall have to unpack another box of books before the shelves are ready!

Thanks . I try to scan it this WE. The machine is quite flat , not pyramid shaped like the other Porsche mini-panzer projects

JCC

Are these what you are looking for? Not the last one I think!
first two from http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.achtungpanzer.com/images/e25_jag.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.achtungpanzer.com/pz9.htm&h=211&w=589&sz=12&hl=en&start=4&tbnid=5Ql-zbmqgr2j0M:&tbnh=48&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dporsche%2BJAGDPANZER%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Attachments

• jage25.jpg
    jage25.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 733
  • jage10.jpg
    jage10.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 646
  • porsche255.jpg
    porsche255.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 514
A bit of further on-line digging on the above site reveals:
Porsche Typ 250 - Sonderfahrzeug VI / Porsche Typ 255 - May of 1944
· Typ 250 - hydraulically powered turret.
· Typ 255 - mechanically powered turret.
· Sturmgeschutz 27t - Porsche E-25 Jagdpanzer design.
· Assault Gun / Tank Destroyer.
· Armament: 105mm MK (KwK) or 105mm PAW 100 or 105mm leFH 43 gun & 30mm MK 108 (Flak) gun.
· Crew: 4 men / Weight: 26000kg / Armor: 30-120mm / Max.Speed: 57km/h.

Attachments

• Porsche 250 255.jpg
    Porsche 250 255.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 560
hello JC Carbonel

I think this is what you are looking for !!!

Attachments

• porsche e-25-2.jpg
    porsche e-25-2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 569
  • porsche e-25-2.jpg
    porsche e-25-2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 123
Porsche255.JPG

that's the one I was thinking of. Same hull as yours , shorter gun (???) The idea is to convert the 1/72 Pegasus "Schwerer Kleine Panzer" using the same chassis.

thank you

JCC

Thanks for that picture, JCC. I guess its the leFH43 from the post I found?
Armament: 105mm MK (KwK) or 105mm PAW 100 or 105mm leFH 43 gun
The Russian SU122 was similar if I've remembered the desigantions properly? A version with 85 or 100mm high velocity or a howitzer.

Not sure , Smurf. the Ie 105 and PAW versions have "pyramid" type hull
PEGA_SWP_FIN2.JPG

PAW version , direct from the kit

PEGA_SWP2_ACT.JPG

Ie 105 version (conversion from kit) . As you can see hull is vastly different but chassis is the same. So my idea is to use the chassis with a scratch-built hull ...but for this I need a 3VD

JCC

You are right, JCC. I needed to read my own post a bit more carefully!
I noticed your picture is Hilary Doyle, though the text is German. Anything in one of the "Panzertracts" series? I still can't get at mine

Sorry Smurf , nothing in Panzer Tract ...the "pyramid-hull" Schwerer Klein Panzer (both Ie and PAW) so that's how I did my models ...but not the 255...

JCC

Hi JC,
actually the side view gives you the basis to do a front and top view.

Seeing as you will be using the chassis of SKP , the chassis establishes the width of the views and the side view establishes the height of the front view.
Taking it as a given that the upper hull armour is sloped at the same angle on all four sides generating the front view is a simple matter of drawing lines at the requisite angle.

Cheers, Jon

Thank you Jon !

I never take anything for granted when it comes to devilish german technology ... I have yet to see an asymmetrically slanted panzer ...but I would not be too surprised if I came across one !!!

JCC

Commander Models have released a 1/35 kit of this: http://ironshipwrights.com/armor/typ255.html

"Professor Porsche's Wars" by Karl Ludvigsen (a great book) has a range of design drawings of the Type 245 proposals (conventional and "mini-tank") and the E25 tank destroyers.