Paris Air Show 2007

Matej

Multiuniversal creator
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechweb.genezis.eu
Is somebody getting there? I am seriously considering to visit it at 21st and 22nd June and any usefull information about how I can move there from Paris-Orly-Sud airport and some recommendation in which hotel I can sleep are welcome.

Matej

Matej said:
Is somebody getting there? I am seriously considering to visit it at 21st and 22nd June and any usefull information about how I can move there from Paris-Orly-Sud airport and some recommendation in which hotel I can sleep are welcome.

Matej
Paris LeBourget is a waste of time, bcs everyone is comming to Moscow!!. Anyway, during my one week visit in 2005 I lived in the Citadines Les Halles Hotel Paris, one bedroom apartment 180Euro a night, I paid the price with three liters of home made Plum Brandy..... ;D ;D ;D

hello matej,

Before coming to le bourget, i'd like to advise you to wait for the demonstration program and if something is incredible (like the f-22 raptor or a surprise by sukhoi..) and only if there's something incredible and new then you should come.

You can find many hotels for 40-45 euros by night in the vicinity, if you choose to come i may search for you.

But IMHO, go to MAKS 2007.

Here in france, it makes years Le bougert air show is not interesting anymore. First it is overcrowded, last edition more than 1 milion people came just for sunday!
You're far from the taxiways, the demonstration are the same for years now (rafale, eurofighter,gripen and F-16 turn rate tournament.. and the F/A18 superhornet showing us his only ability: fly low speed).
The static expositions have nothing cute, you can barely visit things and it makes years now that le bourget is not the airshow for great announcements or first presentations.

Maybe the mig-29 OVT will come this year, so i'll but let me tell you a clue: we here don't go into the airshow; we pay just the park and from there we can see the demonstrations better than in the airport!

Now i've been at maks 2003, the full week and it was just the opposite of le bourget: the pro days were dull, the public saturday and sunday were just awesome with more demonstrations.

Seriously, wait for the list of plane that are coming because really there's nothing really great about le bourget anymore...

hello matej, and sorry, Ogami, for stealing your text, but...:)

Before coming to MAKS 2007, i'd like to advise you to wait for the demonstration program and if something is incredible (like the surprise by sukhoi..) and only if there's something incredible and new then you should come.

You CAN'T find ANY hotels for 40-45 euros by night in the vicinity, if you choose to come it should be a problem to find it

But IMHO, go to ...hmmm.

Here in Russia, it makes years MAKS air show is not interesting anymore. First it is overcrowded, last edition more than 1 milion people came just for sunday!
You're far from the taxiways, the demonstration are the same for years now (MiG-29, Su-27 etc).
The static expositions have nothing cute, you can barely visit things and it makes years now that MAKS is not the airshow for great announcements or first presentations.

BUT - Mig-29 OVT WILL come this year! ))))

Speaking seriously, Mato, I believe that every aviation nut shoud visit Farnborough, Le Bourget and MAKS at least once! For me Su-27 is a 'boring' stuff while it's great show for average US nut who tired of Super Hornets, which would be nice to see at MAKS.

yeah maybe i found maks 2003 good cause it was my first one...and had no hotels problems.

I've spent whole week there - my friends have open stand with ultralight paramotors. You must remember that there was rather rainy.

yes, the pro days at MAKS2003 were dull partly because of bad weather, especially at thursday, clouds in 100meters with disgusting "november" rain, they canceled the display in the morning. I spent the whole day in halls, but no way boring over there.

Another comparison between Paris and Moscow from my view. Paris is very expensive to live in(for us Slovaks), even the cheapest accomodation, transport, foodstuff is expensive, not to mention the spice for aviation nuts, the literature. Despite of all this Paris is worth to visit, at least once no doubt about it.
Moscow can be very cheap if you know where to live and buy the foodstuff, at MAKS2003 I bought the Ildar Bedretdinov Su-25 book for 800Rubles(today it`s about 750 Krones). The book still goes for 80USD(2000Krones) in the west, two to three time expensive. :eek:

Back to Matej question
how I can move there from Paris-Orly-Sud airport
Transportation from ORLY-Sud is easy. As I remember we took the ORLYBUS(5.80Eur per ticket) to the Denfert- Rocherau METRO/RER station. There we bought the Paris visit card(around 27Eur), which enables you to travel with METRO/RER and BUS for couple of days(5??). You can also buy a one-way ticket on RER-B(faster then METRO) to get to LeBourget station. Of course transportation costs depend in which hotel you want to stay. If you still want to visit Paris, we can talk over it in native.

http://www.ratp.fr/

overscan said:
Well I picked my Bedretdinov Su-25 book up for £5, in the UK ;D
yeaah, there are always ways to get it cheaper, I got the Fomin Su-27 book for free, as a gift from him. But for £5 from a bookstore, it is heavily underpriced, maybe a used salad edition ;D.

It was actually second hand, in a charity shop. Was only 18 months since printing, and a very obscure book to find in such a shop - but I seem to get lucky like this ;)

Flateric & mr detonator:
Yeah i remember, i was with Eagle dynamics so i spent a lot of time in the simulator tent.
From what i recall the pro weeks were dull for me because many of the programs were not complete especialy our Patrouille de france who did not perform the whole program before saturday if i recall correctly.

Aside, i was a little bit disapointed that the SU-47 did not fly aerobatics and just made a flyby.

But i was happy to see russian knights and swifts as i was for the su-30mki a many other russian planes (mig-31,su-25 etc..) that we don't see here in france.

This year maks isn't supposed to be the first appearance of the SU-35?

a mock up or official drawing of the pak-FA(even if flateric says to us that it seems to be a not so good airplane) would be cool eh..

Ogami musashi said:
Aside, i was a little bit disapointed that the SU-47 did not fly aerobatics and just made a flyby.

It's hard to talk a lot of aerobatics tricks when you have multiply wingbox structure cracks (which Su-47 has).

Ogami musashi said:
This year maks isn't supposed to be the first appearance of the SU-35?

It will be at MAKS - at static display.

Ogami musashi said:
a mock up or official drawing of the pak-FA(even if flateric says to us that it seems to be a not so good airplane) would be cool eh..

No, surely not this time.

flateric said:
It's hard to talk a lot of aerobatics tricks when you have multiply wingbox structure cracks (which Su-47 has).
I know, just that two years before, it did.

It will be at MAKS - at static display.
Cool at least something new to see.

[quote ]

No, surely not this time.
[/quote]

I find it really wierd to wait so long to see a plane that is supposed not to be awesome, this is really like waiting for something that you don't know , knowing it won't be good.

At MAKS are the halls accessible to the public or it's reserved to the professionals?

Accessible. Of course, except time Putin attends them.

Wouh, thanks for all the answers. Well, I also considered to go to the MAKS, but its much expensive than Le Bourget (mainly due to transport). I dont want to pay more than, to say, 1000 Eur (in any case it will delay the buying of the new PC by two or three months).

My airshow schedule is now Slovak Air Fest 2007 in June and Czech International Air Fest in September, but I wanted to add one more worldwide famous airshow. So now, Paris or Moscow, hmmm....

My point of view (and only mr point of view) is that air forces airshows are more interesting than professional airshows.

Demonstrations are less academic and less "see how my plane turn!" oriented.

There's often guests and demonstration not held at pro airshows.

This year in france, you have (in july if i'm correct) the Evreux airshow with the thunderbirds invited (it make years now that they didn't come to france) and first AdlA rafales going here, plus Patrouille de France and surely other aerobatic teams etc...

Far more interesting in my opinion (evreux is 60 km north from paris).

Actually, that's a bit of a relief. There's no way I could go to this year's le Bourget now, so at least I know I won't be missing out on much ;) Having attended in 2005 and visited ILA 2006 I'd decided there wasn't enough new stuff for me to spend the money before this rumour started circulating.

I wouldn't mind seeing it in Berlin next year though... :)