PAK-FA "future speculations"

saintkatanalegacy

Little Miss Whiffologist
Reaction score
I recall a CFD image of 2 allegedly tailless PAK-FA's having in flight refueling. And with a possibility of an ejector flat nozzle engine configuration this may/will add weight penalty and shift the CG. So, minus some a pair or two of control surfaces would somehow save weight and would probably result in better radar signature. Another is the reverse thrust function that may replace the air braking function of the oppositely deflecting control surfaces.

I know this might sound absurd since this would require lots of modification and effort on R&D but what's brewing up on my mind is something more and more of an "EMD PAK-FA". Although IIRC they mentioned before that the current layout is easier on the aerodynamics so could this mean that the next layout would be more complex?

I'm sorry if this is all silly but I just have this T-50 fever :D

img5095.jpg

This makes me wonder if this is their response to the Boeing sixth generation fighter concept that has been shown. Probably not much more than an experiment/feasibility investigation at this point.

saintkatanalegacy said:
I recall a CFD image of 2 allegedly tailless PAK-FA's having in flight refueling.

it was clear from the beginning that these are just simplified CFD models w/o empennage to decrease calculations time
empennage hardly has input on flows around tanker and refueled a/c

so it's just fever)

Back
Top Bottom