Offsite image hosting problem?

Sentinel Chicken

American 71 Heavy, contact departure 126.47
Reaction score
Website
lajeteepress.com
I tried various HTML tricks to fix this, but I can't get my illustrations to show up at their proper size here when I tried to add to one of my threads in the Profile Art forum last night. I've had no problems before with putting my artwork on my server at Airlinebuzz and then using tags to put it here and as well as on the What-If Modelers forum. But last night (it's been a while since I posted, so there might be a change I don't know about), the forum software kept resizing my pics by adding height/width addendums to the img tags.

Is there a work around other than attaching the file to a post?

I changed the maximum image size value, this means that pictures attached through the forum software above a certain size open full screen in a window rather than within the forum page (which doesn't work well for large images, as you end up clipping the edges). Its possible that this might be giving you problems.

Is there a reason why you don't want to attach the image through the forum?

Paul.

overscan said:
Is there a reason why you don't want to attach the image through the forum?

If I am speaking by myself, maybe the little problem is multiusability. When you upload picture on your web, you can use it everywhere you want. But when it is uploaded here, you cant simply use the link for example on keypublishing or anywhere else. But this is only about preferences and a bit more work, not serious problem.

Matej said:
If I am speaking by myself, maybe the little problem is multiusability. When you upload picture on your web, you can use it everywhere you want. But when it is uploaded here, you cant simply use the link for example on keypublishing or anywhere else. But this is only about preferences and a bit more work, not serious problem.
This "problem" is frequently regarded as a feature ;). If you "simply use the link" of an image in a forum (called "hot-linking"), this image will be loaded from the original server whenever someone reads the forum entry. Many websites have bandwidth or traffic volume limitations of some sort, and therefore hot-linking of images from 3rd-party sites is often discouraged. E.g., the server for my own website is set up in a way, that image hot-linking is simply not possible 8).

Yes, but I am searching for and than use services without restrictions. My web allows me to upload and then use images or anything else as much as I want, no matter of traffic. The same my internet connection - without any data/time/any else limitations ;)

But of course, if we want to prevent to see pictures by unregistered guests, it is better to attach them here.