Northrop N371 - Canard A.F.T. Fighter

BillRo

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I found another configuration drawing titled Canard A.F.T. Fighter from Aug 1985 and the Northrop Configuration designation is N371-6. I have sent a scan to Paul and I am hoping he will be able to post it.

Bill

Northrop N371 scan, resized a lot smaller (!) at 8000 pixels wide.

Attachments

• N371.png
    N371.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,147
Thanks Bill & Paul - rather attractive design, especially with the upswept forward section.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Thanks for posting and resizing the drawing. It's still large enough to capture all the detail. :)

Very informative.

I'd be happy to see any such drawings of other aircraft with detailed data as well.

This design looks to be of a reasonable size and weight! Also looks to have 2D exhaust nozzles, which denotes Northrop's appreciation of manoeuvrability!! I wonder if this design was before or after the ND-102 design?
Look forward to an enlargement ;)

Regards
Pioneer

I think the issue is you click on the image in the forum it doesn't enlarge much at all unlike typical images, one has to separately download it to view it at full size. At least for me.

Opera 12.01 and Firefox 14.01 on Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7. I click on it, image expands. Click on it again, it expands some more. Works fine for me.

Sea Skimmer said:
I think the issue is you click on the image in the forum it doesn't enlarge much at all unlike typical images, one has to separately download it to view it at full size. At least for me.

Yes - it scales it down to fit your screen. Bottom right of the image there should be an icon to click to view it full screen - you'll have to pan around the image then. Or download it and view in an image viewer.

Looks to have been very similar in size and basic configuration to a Dassault Rafale.

Arjen said:
Opera 12.01 and Firefox 14.01 on Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7. I click on it, image expands. Click on it again, it expands some more. Works fine for me.

Ah yes I've got it now!!
Thanks Arien ;)

Regards
Pioneer

BillRo said:
I found another configuration drawing titled Canard A.F.T. Fighter from Aug 1985 and the Northrop Configuration designation is N371-6. I have sent a scan to Paul and I am hoping he will be able to post it.

Bill

Actually the drawing says N371-9.

Back
Top Bottom