Northrop F/B-23 Rapid Theater Attack aircraft

Stargazer2006 said:
Sundog said:
However, if the "F-24" does exist and they still want to keep it secret, I could see the DOD jumping straight to the F-36, because the latest aircraft to enter production is the F-35.

Yeah! As I said earlier in another thread, how convenient to have 11 designations unaccounted for if you want to conceal some secret programs... ::)

As outlined here:
http://www.designation-systems.net/usmilav/coverdesignations.html

The century designations were used until at least the early 1990s (1993?). After that....
If I remember correctly the guys who assigned the names were based at George AFB.

bobbymike said:
Abraham Gubler said:
OM said:
...And while we're talking about the JSF, any comments about this clip?

Job 13:4

;D Although I had to look it up.

...So did I. Which directed me to this page:

http://bible.cc/job/13-4.htm

...And I thought transliterating Русский язык could produce multiple interpretations with only slight variations that actually make a difference in how the translation is understood. :eek:

Getting back on topic, I really do appreciate the image you uploaded Orionblamblam! It's awesome!

Triton said:
May I ask how Chad Slattery got pictures of the F/B-23 model?

Yes, you may ask. {/smartass}

"Air & Space" magazine had an article on the Northrop display model shop (the same one from ebay fame) a year or so ago. Chad's a professional aviation photographer as well as the author of the A&S article, and was granted access to the shop to photograph a number of models. Chad took a *lot* of photos of the F/B-23 model (far more than are in the APR article)... but there are a few angles that are missing. So some aspects of the design remain a bit murky.

Orionblamblam said:
Triton said:
May I ask how Chad Slattery got pictures of the F/B-23 model?

Yes, you may ask. {/smartass}

"Air & Space" magazine had an article on the Northrop display model shop (the same one from ebay fame) a year or so ago. Chad's a professional aviation photographer as well as the author of the A&S article, and was granted access to the shop to photograph a number of models. Chad took a *lot* of photos of the F/B-23 model (far more than are in the APR article)... but there are a few angles that are missing. So some aspects of the design remain a bit murky.

Thank you very much, Scott, for answering my question. I hope my question didn't cause you offense. If so, I apologize to you.

Does the speed of the F/B-23 RTA match the YB-23 with Mach 1.8 supercruise and Mach 2.2+ with afterburner at altitude? Maximum speed of Mach 1.92 as in the Lockheed Martin FB-22 "Strike Raptor"? Range? Weapons load?

Very nice, if you don't have room on your shelf for it, I'll be happy to take care of it for you! :)

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Back
Top Bottom