No longer wish to follow a subject once replied to - How?

DSE

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Is there anyway to change the status of a given subject I once replied to so it no longer comes up under "Show new replies to your posts?" Something like an ignore thread/subject setting many newsreaders employ?

Thanks,

DSE

I can only imagine which thread has inspired this question.... likewise, if anyone knows then please god tell us!

And they say that Lightning never strikes twIIce!

Not that I can see. You can manually ignore it, then "mark all messages as read". Or, remove your post from the topic. There may be an "ignore" mod for SMF available, I can check if there is demand.

PaulMM said:
Not that I can see. You can manually ignore it, then "mark all messages as read". Or, remove your post from the topic. There may be an "ignore" mod for SMF available, I can check if there is demand.

Bummer, that is what I've been doing, but this being 2012 I'd hoped for something which has been in my newsreader for at least a decade.

Here's is a follow up question then. If I delete my posts will this accomplish my desire? I'm willing to do that.

Catalytic said:
I can only imagine which thread has inspired this question.... likewise, if anyone knows then please god tell us!

And they say that Lightning never strikes twIIce!

We have a Winnah!

Funny how the same thread also came to my mind... lol

This "unmarking" topics thing is the one feature that I miss the most on this otherwise great forum. When I'm dozens of updates behind, I wish I could clear the list from all the topics that I have no care for and therefore reduce the number of the ones I must read. If such a feature existed, I for one would greatly appreciate it and use it.

Yes me too. There are a number of topics that I don't have an interest in following. It would be nice to be able to skip them permanently. That being said, "mark all as read" is an effective Plan B.

There is a person-based ignore function in Profile - Modify Profile - Buddies/Ignore List - Edit Ignore List. However the posts still show, but with the text hidden (presumably to stop having to see their delusional ramblings :)

Yep, saw that. I was thinking more topic-based than person-based.

DSE said:
Here's is a follow up question then. If I delete my posts will this accomplish my desire? I'm willing to do that.

For the record that stopped the thread from showing under Show new replies to your posts. Though I agree an ignore thread marking would be even better as this would stop threads from appearing under Show unread posts since last visit.