NEW OXCART D-21 1/48th scale Drone from Stratosphere Models

Desert Dawn

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.picturetrail.com
Stratosphere Models is proud to introduce its ALL NEW TAGBOARD D-21 Drone resin KIT.

This high quality resin kit features the accurate length and span of the D-21 and the correct camera pack shape. It is available exclusively from Stratosphere Models.

The model is now practically complete and I am about to start scribing the panel lines and adding the final small surface details to it.

And AS A SPECIAL OFFER for every EARLY ORDERS made for this kit between now and the NEXT TWO WEEKS of MARCH, Stratosphere Models will also offer a SURPRISE FREE KIT with every D-21 kit purchase !!!

(This free kit offer is void to dealers, distributors and manufacturers. This offer cannot be combined with any previous Stratosphere Models free kit offer).

The D-21 resin model kit fits the superb Testors (or Italeri) 1/48th scale SR-71
kit to make it into an A-12 (M-12) D-21 mothership !

The kit contains 11 parts, including the ventral pylon, 2 over-wing camera fairings for the M-12 mothership, the ceramic frangible nose cone and the tail fairing. The model will be made from pressure cast resin with finely engraved panel lines and features accurate, almost paper-thin leading edges.

382191618.jpg

382191541.jpg

382191661.jpg

382191578.jpg

382191485.jpg

382191906.jpg

382191911.jpg

You can see more pictures at my website.

Stephane
Statosphere Models
Email: stratospheremodels@yahoo.fr

Is there an M-21 conversion kit for the SR-71 available? You'd need to shorten the tail and alter the entire nose and cockpit profile.

SOC said:
Is there an M-21 conversion kit for the SR-71 available? You'd need to shorten the tail and alter the entire nose and cockpit profile.

Hi SOC, yes there is a resin conversion kit, i saw photos of it, it is made in New Zealand. I forgot the exact name of the company but it`s got the A-12 nose, tail part, ejection seat(s), etc. I will check for the name of the company.

Actually, the tail part is the easiest to convert if you already have an YF-12 kit. It`s the same part. As for the nose and other details, if you paint the model with the two color scheme (black and titanium)(even without converting the nose) the model will look pretty much like an M-12 (you just need to scribe the triangular panels on the chines). Of course modifying the nose too would make it look more accurate but it will still be pretty without it.

Back
Top Bottom