New Lakota ...the UH-72B

The magazine Vertiflite reported this news in their issue November/December 2019:
@HeloNews said:
[...]The fact that the US Army plans to purchase the UH-72B (based on the Airbus Helicopters H145 / BK 117 D2) as opposed to the UH-72A (based on the former Eurocopter EC145 / BK 117 C2) — is a major change, but one that no one seems to have noticed.[...]
Even I was quite surprised to reed that tweet last night. o_O:cool:

Does seem strange that the Army would go to a different version this late in the buy. The logistics of the matter would argue against it. Then again given the operational tempo of the UH-72 fleet perhaps the "A" models will be retrofitted to "B" models as they go through major reset maintenance. Is that a realistic option?

Attachments

• USPH-0002-0076-r.jpg
    USPH-0002-0076-r.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 32
It is interesting to see that a green colored civil helicopter is so well liked by the National Guard. I suppose that for a majority of the missions they perform it is adequate. The U.S. DoD refusal to let them go to combat locations likely does not upset the Governors overly either.

It is interesting to see that a green colored civil helicopter is so well liked by the National Guard. I suppose that for a majority of the missions they perform it is adequate. The U.S. DoD refusal to let them go to combat locations likely does not upset the Governors overly either.
Don't worry, Lakotas will fly into combat when things get desperate.

Don't worry, Lakotas will fly into combat when things get desperate.
God I hope not! Truly desperate, like zombies over the barricades.