new find! spanish 1940s super heavy bomber

lol90oo

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
The "barron talleres loring b2" a spanish project of a super heavy 6engined bomber that could carry 4 tons of bombs in the 1940S this is a very intrusting one and i need help to find further informations about it and also some images of the plans and what it would look like when finished (iam sure the plans exist somewhere because the plane construction has started.

There are a few details that are 'off' here. The Loring B.II project dates to 1929-30 - not to the 1940s. Its bomb load was to be an impressive 4 tonnes (so, just over 4.4 tons). But I'm not sure that anything beyond design work went into the Loring B.II concept.

In any case, all work on the Loring B.II was halted in 1930 when designer Eduardo Barrón suffered a stroke. The following year, builder Jorge Loring Martinez had returned to the Spanish bureaucracy. By 1934, Talleres Loring was officially declared bankrupt - allowing Loring to found AISA (Aeronáutica Industrial S.A.) using family money.

Possibly the project would be a local version of the Farman F.60 Goliath with Hispano Suiza engines.
no there are some infos i found on wikipedia its a monoplan made in the 1940s with six engines and same payload as the italian heavy bomber cant z511 but i cannot find its blueprints :/

There are a few details that are 'off' here. The Loring B.II project dates to 1929-30 - not to the 1940s. Its bomb load was to be an impressive 4 tonnes (so, just over 4.4 tons). But I'm not sure that anything beyond design work went into the Loring B.II concept.

In any case, all work on the Loring B.II was halted in 1930 when designer Eduardo Barrón suffered a stroke. The following year, builder Jorge Loring Martinez had returned to the Spanish bureaucracy. By 1934, Talleres Loring was officially declared bankrupt - allowing Loring to found AISA (Aeronáutica Industrial S.A.) using family money.
the construction of the bomber has started its said in an official spanish aeronautic book there are even some parts of it has been made but i couldnt find its blueprints :/

Possibly the project would be a local version of the Farman F.60 Goliath with Hispano Suiza engines.

There is a brief mention of the Loring B.II in 'La gran guerra y el desarrollo aeronáutico en España: El polimotor desconocido Barrón-Herrera', an article by Carlos Lázaro in ATC Magazine, Año XXI, Primavera 2015, N° 83, page 57.

"The replacement of the French bomber [Farman F.50] was carried out in 1923 with another plane from the same manufacturer, the Farman F.60 Goliath. However, Barrón persisted in his dream of creating a great bomber: so, in 1930 he surprised Spanish engineers with a hexamotor model (Loring B-II) that J. Loring began to build in his factory in Carabanchel Alto. Having begun the construction of some pieces, manufacture was interrupted by Barrón's illness, depriving Spanish military aviation of another extraordinary design."

So, the Loring B.II was intended as a replacement for the Aeronáutica española's F.60 biplane bomber.

In the Barrón and Loring Aircraft thread, hesham mentions the B.II, saying "Although conceived for passenger transport, the B-II could also be used as a long-range bomber, equipped with five tons of bombs and seven machine guns located inside rotating turrets."
- https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/barrón-and-loring-aircraft.19740/

There is a brief mention of the Loring B.II in 'La gran guerra y el desarrollo aeronáutico en España: El polimotor desconocido Barrón-Herrera', an article by Carlos Lázaro in ATC Magazine, Año XXI, Primavera 2015, N° 83, page 57.

"The replacement of the French bomber [Farman F.50] was carried out in 1923 with another plane from the same manufacturer, the Farman F.60 Goliath. However, Barrón persisted in his dream of creating a great bomber: so, in 1930 he surprised Spanish engineers with a hexamotor model (Loring B-II) that J. Loring began to build in his factory in Carabanchel Alto. Having begun the construction of some pieces, manufacture was interrupted by Barrón's illness, depriving Spanish military aviation of another extraordinary design."

So, the Loring B.II was intended as a replacement for the Aeronáutica española's F.60 biplane bomber.

In the Barrón and Loring Aircraft thread, hesham mentions the B.II, saying "Although conceived for passenger transport, the B-II could also be used as a long-range bomber, equipped with five tons of bombs and seven machine guns located inside rotating turrets."
- https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/barrón-and-loring-aircraft.19740/
thx a lot for the infos i wasnt knowing that there was also a civilian version but do you have any drawings or blueprints of what this would look like?

I have no drawings of any kind. However, Toryu posted images of an enormous wing section said to be for the B.II (presumably as a test article). https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/barrón-and-loring-aircraft.19740/#post-448594

In the Designation section, c460 identified the B.II as "Loring B-II, six-engine commercial monoplane, construction started but not finished, 1930". But, of course, B.II was the bomber designation.

At this point, we can only speculate about the commercial variant's designation. We know that the T.I (T-1) was a transport version of the B.I sesquiplane. The T-3 (T.III?) was the colonial trimotor monoplane. Might it be as simple as the B.II commercial derivative being designated 'T-2' ... who knows?