• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

New book 'Focke-Wulf Jet Fighters' by Justo Miranda

Zizi6785

CLEARANCE: Secret
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
263
Reaction score
12
On amazon.com: February 2, 2018

Dear Justo,
can we get a full table of contents?


Ok, i found it!
 

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
774
Reaction score
97
Is there time to put the hyphen between Focke and Wulf on the spine?
 

Justo Miranda

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
3,439
Reaction score
73
Please see the editor requirement :-\

14/08/2017 19:43
Dear Justo,

The package arrived safely. I note you desire a hyphen between 'Focke' and 'Wulf'. For the sake of clean typography we desire to omit the hyphen on the front cover. Everywhere else we can include it.

Best wishes,

Alan
 

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
774
Reaction score
97
Justo Miranda said:
Please see the editor requirement :-\

14/08/2017 19:43
Dear Justo,

The package arrived safely. I note you desire a hyphen between 'Focke' and 'Wulf'. For the sake of clean typography we desire to omit the hyphen on the front cover. Everywhere else we can include it.

Best wishes,

Alan
The spine's not the front cover though - it's part of the "everywhere else we can include it". I can see the logic of omitting it from the front cover (even if I might disagree with it), but the spine's a different part of the cover. I'm going to see that lack-of-hyphen sitting on my shelf very soon next to the other three volumes - can they get the hyphen onto the spine? Or have they already plated it up for printing? Or even printed it? I like the design generally though - nice and clean.

If it helps, you can send them this (see attached).
 

Attachments

Zizi6785

CLEARANCE: Secret
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
263
Reaction score
12
Mail from amazon.de:
Estimated delivery time: 24 February 2018 - March 14, 2018
 

athpilot

Fly me to the moon...
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
249
Reaction score
16
Justo Miranda said:
The rejected original cover project :-\
Cool artwork! Thanx for sharing, Justo! Can you tell how the backcover will look?
Greetings
 

Jayslater

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Joined
Oct 19, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Greetings!

It has been a while since I have been here and the book should be with us sooner than later. Apologies for the delay, which was not helped by the Christmas shutdown.

I am sure that the end result will be well worth it, however. The press release is finished and will be sent to all aviation, modelling and military/history magazines as well as the national press.

With very best wishes,

Jay
j.slater AT fonthillmedia.com
Publisher
 

sgeorges4

I really should change my personal text
Joined
Oct 8, 2017
Messages
431
Reaction score
30
where the focke wulf komet come from?
 

sgeorges4

I really should change my personal text
Joined
Oct 8, 2017
Messages
431
Reaction score
30
By the way,where can I found your book?
 

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
774
Reaction score
97
newsdeskdan said:
Amazon.co.uk says February 22.
Email from Amazon.co.uk this morning - revised delivery date is Feb 28-Mar 2.
 

athpilot

Fly me to the moon...
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
249
Reaction score
16
...And the Eagle err the Focke Wulfs has landed!! B) At a first glance: it´s really great! Some examples: the stemmata of the Ta-183 on p. 57 is eye-opening. The two seat Trainer version Ta-183 S was completely new to me, just as the "ornithopter" by Prof. von Holst (great find indeed). I just only read a few of the texts so far, but until now I would say, that you contextualize your findings in this book the most. The drawing on p. 188 "german ramjets" shows among others the EMW A6 with additional ramjet. Is anything known on this type of ramjet. How should it look, what fuel was planned for it and how much thrust should it produce? Btw. the backcover is very cool. I like that style of aircraft profiles. Maybe you want to include something like this in your future publications? I would pay for it!

So far. Greetings
Athpilot
 

Attachments

Antonio

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Staff member
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,364
Reaction score
36
Great news, your feedback is exciting, time to order!! :)

The covers look wonderful, I agree. Modern 3D renders are wonderful but don't want it to replace 2D art. Mr Miranda has a very personal style which looks gorgeous both in technical drawing and colour art and I enjoy it very much from his books.
 

Justo Miranda

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
3,439
Reaction score
73
athpilot said:
...And the Eagle err the Focke Wulfs has landed!! B) At a first glance: it´s really great! Some examples: the stemmata of the Ta-183 on p. 57 is eye-opening. The two seat Trainer version Ta-183 S was completely new to me, just as the "ornithopter" by Prof. von Holst (great find indeed). I just only read a few of the texts so far, but until now I would say, that you contextualize your findings in this book the most. The drawing on p. 188 "german ramjets" shows among others the EMW A6 with additional ramjet. Is anything known on this type of ramjet. How should it look, what fuel was planned for it and how much thrust should it produce? Btw. the backcover is very cool. I like that style of aircraft profiles. Maybe you want to include something like this in your future publications? I would pay for it!

So far. Greetings
Athpilot
Probably Methanol "M-Stoff" or Non-Refined petrol "Br-Stoff"
 

Attachments

Zizi6785

CLEARANCE: Secret
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
263
Reaction score
12
Thanks, but missing me from the book and with your professional drawing! :)
By the way, this is a great book, it is my favorite of the series!


[/quote]
Here ;)
[/quote]
 

athpilot

Fly me to the moon...
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
249
Reaction score
16
Thanks a lot, Justo! Great informations. I also would, it´s your best book so far.
Cheers
 

athpilot

Fly me to the moon...
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
249
Reaction score
16
One more thing: in img.028 is a small "hatch" between the landing legs in the underfuselage. Could this be a bay for cameras or even small bombs?? Were there any plans to use the A-6 as a "bomber"?
 

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
774
Reaction score
97
My copy finally arrived this morning. I wouldn't say I liked it any more or less than the previous three - it's the usual blend of fact-based and speculative drawings, comparisons with similar projects from around the world and even a handful of original drawings. Justo's drawing style is unique, attractive and very redolent of those heady days in the late 1990s when the world seemed a less complicated place. I'm not sure about the writing - Focke-Wulf's TL-Jager Entwurf II didn't receive the designation Ta 183 until March 1945, and there was no A-0, they went straight to the A-1 even before the V1 (the Lieferplan shows the A-1 due for completion in mid-June 1945 and the 'V' series, V1-V10, to be completed by early December 1945), there were no plans for a two-seater or one with a radar in its 'nose' - I could go on. But the drawings are beautiful and that's why it's a great purchase. Looking forward to the next one!
 

Attachments

gatoraptor

CLEARANCE: Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
389
Reaction score
11
Amazon (U.S.) is still showing availability on 3 July...
 

Justo Miranda

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
3,439
Reaction score
73
newsdeskdan said:
My copy finally arrived this morning. I wouldn't say I liked it any more or less than the previous three - it's the usual blend of fact-based and speculative drawings, comparisons with similar projects from around the world and even a handful of original drawings. Justo's drawing style is unique, attractive and very redolent of those heady days in the late 1990s when the world seemed a less complicated place. I'm not sure about the writing - Focke-Wulf's TL-Jager Entwurf II didn't receive the designation Ta 183 until March 1945, and there was no A-0, they went straight to the A-1 even before the V1 (the Lieferplan shows the A-1 due for completion in mid-June 1945 and the 'V' series, V1-V10, to be completed by early December 1945), there were no plans for a two-seater or one with a radar in its 'nose' - I could go on. But the drawings are beautiful and that's why it's a great purchase. Looking forward to the next one!

:) :) :)
 

Justo Miranda

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
3,439
Reaction score
73
On the workbench…
- ‘Enemy at the Gates: Panic Fighters of the Second World War’
- ‘Fighters of the Dying Sun: The Most Advanced Japanese Fighters of the Second World War’
- ‘The Ultimate Night Fighters of the Luftwaffe’.
- ‘War in the Darkness over the Reich : Luftwaffe Night Fighters of the World War II’.
- ‘The Dark Side of the Cold War’ that would cover the Sonic barrier, early Stealth and their U.F.O. cover. So far a project only.
- ‘The Rise of the Jet Fighter’. It would be about the first European, North American and Soviet Models and their impact in the Cold War. Also at a project stage.
 

athpilot

Fly me to the moon...
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
249
Reaction score
16
Justo Miranda said:
On the workbench…
- ‘Enemy at the Gates: Panic Fighters of the Second World War’
- ‘Fighters of the Dying Sun: The Most Advanced Japanese Fighters of the Second World War’
- ‘The Ultimate Night Fighters of the Luftwaffe’.
- ‘War in the Darkness over the Reich : Luftwaffe Night Fighters of the World War II’.
- ‘The Dark Side of the Cold War’ that would cover the Sonic barrier, early Stealth and their U.F.O. cover. So far a project only.
- ‘The Rise of the Jet Fighter’. It would be about the first European, North American and Soviet Models and their impact in the Cold War. Also at a project stage.
Great news! The Panic Fighters will be released next february, won´t they?
 

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
2,651
Reaction score
31
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Quite a few of those new ones look interesting. Are you able to provide more details on them?
 

Justo Miranda

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
3,439
Reaction score
73
"Enemy at the Gates: Panic Fighters of the Second World War"
CONTENTS SCALE DRAWINGS
- Avia B.35 Mock-up
- Avia B.35.1
- Avia B.35.3
- Avia B.135.1
- PZL P.50 1st prototype
- PZL P.50 2nd prototype
- PZL P.55
- PZL P.56
- RWD 25 Sokol
- PZL P.45 Sokol
- PWS 42 Sokol
- Orlogs Vaerftet OV-J-1
- Fairey P4/34
- Koolhoven FK.55
- Koolhoven FK 58 with DB 600
- Fokker Ontwerp 150,151,192 and 192
- Fokker D.XXI H with Hispano Suiza 12 Y
- Fokker D.XXIII
- De Schelde S.21
- Renard R.36,37 and 38
- Renard R.40
- Renard R.42
- C.A.P.R.A. R.30
- Bloch MB 700
- Bugatti 110 C.1
- Morane Saulnier MS 408 C1
- Morane Saulnier MS 450
- Morane Saulnier MS 460
- Morane Saulnier MS 540
- Morane Saulnier MS 640
- Payen Pa 112 C1
- Roussel 30
- Potez 230
- Miles M.20/1
- Miles M.20/2
- Miles M.24
- Percival P.32
- Percival P.33
- Shamah Rammer
- Martin-Baker Swinging Arm
- Hawker Tempest with R.R. Eagle
- EKW C-3602/03
- Doflug D-3802
- I.A.R. 80 with Jumo 211 Da
- I.A.R. 80 with DB 601 AA
- Manfred Weiss W.M.23
- Marton XV-01
- Ikarus IK-2
- Rogozarsky IK-3
- V.L. Myrsky
- V.L. Pyörremyrsky
- V.L. Puuska
- Irbitis I-16
- Irbitis I-19
- Cuckurs C-6
- Aviotease PN-3
- SAAB J19
- SAAB J22
- SAAB J23
- SAAB J27
- Kwangsi Type 3
- Chu XP-0
- Chu XP-1
- Curtiss-Wright CW-21
- Curtiss-Wright CW-21B
- Republic P-43A
- Vultee P-66
- North American NA 68
- North American NA 69
- Commonwealth XP-17
- Commonwealth CA-14
- Commonwealth CA-14A
- Commonwealth CAC P-176
- Commonwealth CA-15 (may 1942)
- Commonwealth CA-15 (november 1942)
- Commonwealth CA-15 (early 1943)
- Commonwealth CA-15 (june 1943)
- Commonwealth CA-15 R.R. Griffon 61
- Commonwealth CA-15 Racer
 

gatoraptor

CLEARANCE: Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
389
Reaction score
11
Justo Miranda said:
"Enemy at the Gates: Panic Fighters of the Second World War"
CONTENTS SCALE DRAWINGS

- Doflug D-3802
If you're including the D-3802, I presume that you'll also include the one-off D-3803, the ultimate "MS.406"!
 
Top