NATO Jet Intercepts SCUD Missile Launched From Sirte

seruriermarshal

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
NATO Jet Intercepts SCUD Missile Launched From Sirte

22:04 22 AGO 2011

(AGI) Doha - A Nato jet intercepted a Russian made Scud missile launched from Sirte, Muammar Gaddafi's home town, as announced by al Jazira. So far, only another missile had been launched by the colonel's forces, but causing no damages. In the Lybian arsenal, there should be dozens of Scuds, the most powerful weapon of the Lybian army, but some of them are believed to be inefficient. In 1986, two Scuds were launched against the Italian island of Lampedusa, as a reprisal against Us air raids on Tripoli, but they fell in the sea.

http://www.agi.it/english-version/world/elenco-notizie/201108222204-cro-ren1093-nato_jet_intercepts_scud_missile_launched_from_sirte

Details will be interesting to hear. If we get to. :-X

I am somewhat curious about this and I am wondering if when they say intercept they actually mean detect?

sealordlawrence said:
I am somewhat curious about this and I am wondering if when they say intercept they actually mean detect?

Why? At the beginning of their flight SCUDs are relatively easy targets.

sferrin said:
sealordlawrence said:

I never questioned the technical feasibility. More the potential for poor news reporting.

sealordlawrence said:
sferrin said:
sealordlawrence said:

I never questioned the technical feasibility. More the potential for poor news reporting.

Well that never happens. ;)

For what it's worth, my understanding is that this story originated with Al-Jazeera and I don't believe has been confirmed by anyone else. All the other news organizations are either copying it or each other.

Chat now is that there is a USN Cruiser in the Gulf of Sirte intercepting scuds with standards.

sealordlawrence said:
Chat now is that there is a USN Cruiser in the Gulf of Sirte intercepting scuds with standards.

Depending where they're at they could probably tag them with your basic SM-2

Back
Top Bottom