National Day to Remember Victims of Air Disasters: 8 January, 2021

riggerrob

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau recently announced that 8 January is the National Day to Remember Victims of Ari Disasters. He probably made the announcement to gain votes in the Ethiopian, Indian, Iranian, South Korean, Malayasian, Ukranian, diasporas living in Canada. Most of those diasporas are hard-working people who just want to raise their children in a quiet, boring country like Canada.
We are never going to hear the "whole truth" about some of those disasters. For example, a retired United States Air Force Combat Controller told me that he had spent the month before the Loackerbie Bombing surveying airstrips in North Africa and that one of his colleagues was flying home on that 747 when it was blown out of the sky. He was carrying results of those airstrip surveys. Remember that this air disaster occurred when Libya and the USA were on the brink of war. Two Libyan military intelligence officers were eventually jailed for their involvement in the bombing.
In other news, I survived a plane crash back on 3 August, 2008.

a plane-load of skydivers force-landed short of the runway at Pitt Meadows Airport, British Columbia, Canada. The plane crash bruised or sprained every muscle in my body, and it was a year before I could work without pain. I still suffer arthritis, etc. from wounds that never completely healed. But the injuries during the crash are insignificant compared with the way the Superior Court Of B.C. bungled a personal injury lawsuit that dragged out for 9 years after the crash. Itw as amazing how quickly lawyers consigned the wounded to "priority last" and left us to starve while lawyers accumulated massive numbers of billable hours losing a lawsuit against Transport Canada. Intimidating witnesses outside of court, abuse of procedure, contempt outside of court, starving the wounded, refusing to pay medical bills incurred during the trial, delaying pay-outs by a year, ignoring requests for medical assistance when I needed knee surgery, etc. Eventually my secondary damages - during the trial - exceeded damages during the crash.
Now we know why the government of B.C. does not want the "whole truth" published.

P.S. 12 years after the crash, the wreckage is still visible on Google satellite maps and from Baynes Road as it passes Pitt Meadows Airport. ?????