MZ1-46Q

Thanks Mr Gatial for that "French Firefox". Looks wonderful!!

Mach 4.2 at 70 000 ft ;)

Gorgeous pics, really !
You know I haven't modelling something for 9 months, but your pics... have to buy a Heller Mirage IV and butcher it... ;D

Buy Fana De l'Aviation with Mirage 4000's article on Mach 3/Mach 4 Mirages, that will tell you everything you need to know :)

Thanks. Now if you can be more specific, I'll head on over to eBay.France & see what I can find.

overscan said:
Buy Fana De l'Aviation with Mirage 4000's article on Mach 3/Mach 4 Mirages, that will tell you everything you need to know :)

Great set of pictures; thanks again, Jozef.

What are they chasing in the Night Attack image?

Where were the missiles carried and what kind were to be used?

Kendra Lesnick

overscan said:

I've seen mention before of this journal. I've never seen/heard of it downunder. Does it come in an English edition and where can I get it from?

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3899.0.html

rickshaw said:
overscan said:

I've seen mention before of this journal. I've never seen/heard of it downunder. Does it come in an English edition and where can I get it from?

Thanks, Frank. As I feared, its only available in French. I have a bare smattering of that language.

It's great to see some new work from you. That plane looks very cool. I'm hoping one of the magazines I read or subscribe to will do an English version of that Fana De l'Aviation article.

Ah, Jozef.....more simply beautiful work! You have made my week.

BUT.....can someone explain the air intake system, please?
Looks like three inlets....one for engines and the smaller two for
cooling or bypass? Just curious, seeing as I do not have the article
to refer to....or the aerodynamic knowledge....and my French
is more than a bit rusty.

Thanks again, Jozef.

shivering said:
Ah, Jozef.....more simply beautiful work! You have made my week.

BUT.....can someone explain the air intake system, please?
Looks like three inlets....one for engines and the smaller two for
cooling or bypass? Just curious, seeing as I do not have the article
to refer to....or the aerodynamic knowledge....and my French
is more than a bit rusty.

Thanks again, Jozef.

Looks like two intakes (with the red stripes) and a reflection. Smaller intake could be for cooling/bypass/boundry layer removal.

Yes there's only two intakes - but I didn't understood the smaller intake, too. So thanks for the explanation!
Like every supersonic machine, intakes are not "glued" to the fuselage, there's rather a small gap because of boudary layer...
Now all it's clear. Oh, and the last pic is a pure marvel, as the others before.

Another great Mirage Jozef !
I love the MZ 46Q :)

Will see if an "english" magazine wants the article ???

But I dont know where I could write ...
An idea ?

It is nice to read so kind words. If you have some scans of some old interesting project one way to present them in similar manner is sent them to me. I want to bring here some news more often as in last time

Attachments

• Air Intake.jpg
    Air Intake.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 125
But I dont know where I could write ...
An idea ?

In my opinion, the best place is International Air Power Review. Deino and Sentinel Chicken are there.
Also Aeroplane Monthly has started recently an interest on unbuilt projects.

I've actually done a semi-reasonable translation (starting from a machine translation) for my own understanding.

However, so far unsolicited emails to Aeroplane's editor don't seem to even get a reply. At least, they weren't interested in my P.1121 article idea.

At least, they weren't interested in my P.1121 article idea.

And what about IAPR?

I've actually done a semi-reasonable translation (starting from a machine translation) for my own understanding.

I can help if anybody is interested in a translation project, I can help