My new idea: Winged train - A 380 locomotive, four A 320 wagons. Revival of theories of 1940 and 1981.

ISS2034

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hello, good afternoon. This is my first post. Thank you for reading.

My new idea: Winged train - A 380 locomotive, four A 320 wagons. Revival of theories of 1940 and 1981.

Aircraft take off and land in a queue. Echelon. There is always a risk of collision or error. My idea is also very theoretical and fantastic, but it is an idea. The idea of saving fuel and combining the flight of a group of aircraft.

I made png photo montages. Look at them.

Air train. Completely computer automatic control. As an example, I took A 380 and A 320. A 380 is the locomotive, the fuel leader of the group. And the А 380 takes off first. Behind him, two or four A 320s rise. Having gained altitude, the A 380 levels off. Group A 320 coordinates flight control and gyroscopic stabilization relative to A 380. A 380 opens the docking fuel and system nodes of the wings. A 320s dock to each other and to the wings of A 380s. An air train flies in the sky. Fuel circulation is the same for the entire winged echelon. When the air train arrives at its destination, the planes undock in the same way. A 320s land first. A 380s land behind them.

I'm wondering: before me there was a similar idea? 80-year-old old aviators showed me the magazines Popular Science 1980 and Science and Mechanics 1981. And these old people found the Russian magazine Technique For Youth 1983. Air trains - the idea of American magazines 1937-1942 and Russian magazines 1952. In American magazines - projects of ultra-giant spunloader aircraft. In the Russian magazine - a winged air train. But in a Russian magazine - a project of a supersonic absolutely unrealistic air train based on Concorde. Can you imagine a joke: four Concordes are docked with a Tu-144 locomotive! This is the idea of a Russian engineer. The engineer was 23 years old in 1983.

My idea is also utopian, but not based on supersonic aircraft. Ordinary jet airbuses.

ISS2034 © 2022 06 02

1644127255599.jpeg

1644127271685.jpeg

What is the supposed advantage, if any, of your scheme over the current commercial aviation architecture, in contrast to the various and numerous inherent induced flight safety risks? Note also that A380s are as an endangered species white elephants living on borrowed time.

Last edited:
They are singing “we are the world”
There's an idea - a chain of wingtip holding airliners forming a circle around the globe - slight problem though is that the planes at or near the pivot point would be near or at zero still air velocity - bummer...

The copyright is a nice touch.

We've had probe and drogue or drop tanks for some time now. I'm not advocating booms. I've seen Air Force One.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite I don’t see any practicality in it, birds fly this way (not exactly), so that the wake turbulence of the frontal bird is used to create additional lift for the trailing bird.

Thanks for the critique and the interesting discussion, gentlemen. I repeat: my project is a utopian fantasy. Paper modeling. Spanloader aircrafts Boeing-Lockheed-MCDonell - also absolutely surreal utopian fantasies in the style of Dali. The old aircraft designers told me: it's called Paper Aviation. Therefore - theoretical and fake projects.

Back
Top Bottom