Mr Brenn

The other guy Mr. Sten?

A pen pal for a FN FAL?

I know—I’m one of those Yanks who still wants to see Beefeaters carry bolt-actions instead of those Sci-Fi things that look better with desert camo…

I know it's a pain for serving soldiers to carry the SA80 on ceremonial duties but do we really want them to either be unarmed or carry some tradition weapon?

Perhaps the answer now that the British Army is so small would be to remove the guards on Royal Palaces altogether and use civilian Police as with government buildings.

Civilian re-enactors could still be on hand for tourist photos with stage weapons like pikes.

Perhaps the answer now that the British Army is so small would be to remove the guards on Royal Palaces altogether and use civilian Police as with government buildings.
Given how badly undermined they have been in recent times by wokedom and such, probably not such a good idea.

Danger Mouse was great. Banana Man too. Super Ted was a bit lame though.

No love for Ivor the Engine. How about Danger Mouse.

Dangermouse was good until they changed the character's voices......

Duckula was good.
Well Terry Scott was deceased I think when they brought back the show.

They changed Stiletto's accent from Italian to Cockney....just did not sound right....though later took that dubbing out and returned him to an Italian accent.

Living in New Zealand cultural references can be hit and miss. A lot of British TV films and music made it here, a lot of US cultural product made it big in both UK and NZ, but the big exception is NZ TV and music, which rarely made an impression outside NZ.

Duckula was good.

They changed Stiletto's accent from Italian to Cockney....just did not sound right....though later took that dubbing out and returned him to an Italian accent.
Stilletto's accent was changed for the US release to avoid offending Italian-Americans.

Living in New Zealand cultural references can be hit and miss. A lot of British TV films and music made it here, a lot of US cultural product made it big in both UK and NZ, but the big exception is NZ TV and music, which rarely made an impression outside NZ.

Duckula was good.

Stilletto's accent was changed for the US release to avoid offending Italian-Americans.

Yeah that's what i figured....still ruined the character.

I only knew the rebooted How 2 in the 1990s.

Art Attack was good, I just caught the end of Tony Hart's Hartbeat series (no not the Yorkshire coppers). SMart wasn't as good and couldn't compete with Art Attack IMHO.

Just watched an episode of Danger Mouse where Danger Mouse and Jeopardy Mouse fall through a black hole and almost get fed to a Sarlacc type creature.

I miss Baron Greenback, Nero and Stiletto....

Last edited: