McDonnell Douglas O-45

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Reaction score
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
Wesco Model of the McDonnell Douglas O-45 found on eBay.

Seller's description:
You are bidding on a O-45 desk model by Wesco Models, around 1:72 scale. This model is very rare because it is a concept plane that never went into production. It is essentially the same aircraft as the T-45 Goshawk, but would have been used in the Air force as an observation aircraft. The model is in excellent condition, no decals removed, no broken parts, etc., adult kept and displayed in a smoke free home. This would make an excellent addition for anyone who collects desk models. The pictures pretty much say it all but If you have any further questions please send me an email and I will get back to you as quickly as possible. Shipping will be via USPS priority, flat price $15.00 and insurance is included in that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/O-45-Concept-for-Air-force-by-Wesco-Models_W0QQitemZ280437880457QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414b667689

Attachments

• !BhZ9NHwBmk~$(KGrHqIOKiIErysn2NJgBLJ!UWbK9!~~_3.jpg
    !BhZ9NHwBmk~$(KGrHqIOKiIErysn2NJgBLJ!UWbK9!~~_3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 153
  • !BhZ8hv!!2k~$(KGrHqQOKiIErzIvtI10BLJ!R+H1gw~~_3.jpg
    !BhZ8hv!!2k~$(KGrHqQOKiIErzIvtI10BLJ!R+H1gw~~_3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 141
  • !BhZ83gQB2k~$(KGrHqEOKjsEryMCPPHIBLJ!TKvWYg~~_3.jpg
    !BhZ83gQB2k~$(KGrHqEOKjsEryMCPPHIBLJ!TKvWYg~~_3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 123
Interesting, thanks. I suppose "O-45" was just a company marketing monicker, not an official DoD designation...

Hmm, might be just the thing to do with a spare BAe Hawk model. I wonder if a production designation would be OT-45 or OAT-45?

Or perhaps a new entry in the little-used O- list? Would that be O-6?