Marvingt Amphibian Project ?

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

I can't understand or translate well,what was this ?,I only recognized that it was amphibian airplane Project !.

Attachments

• L'Auto-vélo___automobilisme_cyclisme_athlétisme_[...]_bpt6k4633462g_2.jpeg
    L'Auto-vélo___automobilisme_cyclisme_athlétisme_[...]_bpt6k4633462g_2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 1.png
    1.png
    291.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.png
    2.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.png
    3.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 15
"Yesterday morning, I met Miss Marie Marvingt. She is from the Province of Lourraine, like me. My cousin by other means at Nancy. I have been trying to meet her for the last three months.
She was licensed in 1910, trained by Latham and Rene' Labouchere. The first is dead, killed in a 'buffle' during a 1913 mission of the Societe' de Geographie.
Miss Malvingt followed in the illustrious path of her teachers.
She did a variety of things: horse-riding, sword-fighting, crossing the North Sea in a hemispherical balloon, bob sled, skiing, mountain-climbing ...
She is a woman, but also a tom-boy.
Miss Malvingt talked to me about the recent [book} "Journeys in Colonial Medicine." she knows it by heart.
She is a delegate to the French Airline and vice-president of "Friends of Medical Aviation."
She created the challenge of Captain Echiman (an aviation hero who received the Henri Lavedan).
Before the war, she designed amphibious airplane, the first airplane ambulance, for transporting wounded.
It roughly reminds me of airplanes that aided - for several years - occupants of the Riff Mountains in North Africa.
It only had a motor of 80 horsepower and could only carry one wounded, but that is history.
Miss Malvingt explained that she arrived in North Africa, then travelled 56,000 kilometres.
She did several propaganda/educational conferences in schools with slide projections
In Athenes ... as a gesture of my speciality ... students remained standing even after I invited them to sit. The senior woman instructor explained that students had no right osit int he compnany

Last edited:
Before the war, she designed amphibious airplane, the first airplane ambulance, for transporting wounded.
Careful here. "Elle a dessiné" means more "she made a drawing of". She designed would rather be "Elle a conçu".
Not impossible, but unlikely, especially since her education was in sports, not Engineering.