Making a Discord For This Forum?

Deleted

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I'm just asking if it's fine for this forum to get a Discord anytime soon. It'll be great to attract more people interested in military technology history. It will also be an immense help in getting more info and sources on the more obscure military tech as well.

I see potential issues of abuse (see the Wikipedia article), bandwidth, and lack of permanent records (which is one of the main objectives of this forum) without any real upside. From the Wikipedia article it appears highly questionable whether the people that might be attracted would really mainly be interested in military technology history...

Last edited:
I'm just asking if it's fine for this forum to get a Discord anytime soon. It'll be great to attract more people interested in military technology history. It will also be an immense help in getting more info and sources on the more obscure military tech as well.
Interested in how you think a Discord would add to the forum. I've used it a bit for online gaming, but I'm not sure what it would be used for here. Just chat?

I'm willing to give it a go. Its effectively just IRC chat for milennials. It could just be a place to hang out and chat about aeroplanes and technology as opposed to serious posts - kind of like what The Bar was intended as.

Lets put it this way, if I wanted to identify and then hack members of this forum, some of whom potentially work for defense contractors, I would try to get them to log into a discord server.

Are there any security concerns regarding this forum? I din't think this is like a job or government agency here.

And it's not to replace the forum, far from it. It is a chat area and it would be great for real time chat and any social announcements and such. With more people interested and also the benefit of real time chatting, it's to expand rather than to replace.