Luftfahrt History Magazine

Cy-27

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Luftfahrt History is an in-depth German language magazine resource focusing mainly on lesser known Luftwaffe types from 1939-1945.

Old issues can be ordered via http://www.lautecmedien.de/

Below are the main articles in each issue ...

1: Blohm & Voss Bv 238 - "Der Stolz von Seedorf"
2: Fieseler Fi 103 "Reichenberg" - "Die Geschichte der bemannten V1"
3: Henschel Hs 132 und DFS 228 - "Fliegen im Liegen"
4: Messerschmitt Me 264 und Junkers Ju 390 - "Amerikabomber" contra "Großraumtransporter"
5: Heinkel He 111 Z "Zwilling", Ju 635 u.a. - Aus Zwei macht Eins - Die Geschichte der Zwillingsflugzeuge
6: Blohm & Voss Bv 155 & Me 263 - Extremhöhenjäger contra Höhenstürmer
7: Messerschmitt Me 328 - Bordjäger, Bomber, Selbstopferer... Ein "Billigflieger für alle Fälle"
8: Junkers Ju 322 "Mammut", Me/ZSO 523 u.a. - "Riesenflieger" - Die verhinderten Supergiganten der deutschen Luftwaffe
9: Gotha Go 229 & Horten Ho XIII - Die weltweit ersten Unter- und Überschall Turbinennurflügel
10: Messerschmitt Me 262 A-2a/U2 - Der Loftebomber - Das außergewöhnliche "Umbauflugzeug"
11: DFS 230 "Hochbein, Robbe" DFS 331 und Ka 430 - "Sonderkonstraktionen und kaum bekannte Lastensegler"
12: Arado Ar 232 "Tatzelwurm" und Arado Ar 432 - "Kampfzonentransporter und unverzichtbare Plattform für Sonderunternehmen"
13: Bachem Ba 349 „Natter“, He P 1077 „Julia“ und bemannte Rheintochter - „Bemannte Flakraketen“ und „Objektschützer“
14: Me 323 E-2/WT „Nashorn“ u. Hs 129 mit SG 113A - „Flakkreuzer“ und „Panzerjäger“ - zwei imposante „WAFFENTRÄGER“
15: Blohm & Voss BV 141, Bv 237 und Bv P 194
16: Junkers Ju 287 & Ju EF 131
17: Siebel / DFS 346
18: Dornier Do 335 "Amaisenbär" / A-6, A-10, A-11 und B-6
19: Focke Wulf Fw Ta 154 und 254 'Moskito'

Generally speaking, some of the more interesting articles are the 'fillers' in each issue, usually 2-4 pages long!

I enjoyed reading/translating some of them and find them quite good with many illustrations I have not seen published before and thought I would share the source.

Thanks a lot for sharing! This is really one of the best aviation magazines I have ever seen.

Does this have any connections to the old Luftfahrt journal published in the 1970s? I mean those A5-sized volumes?

Pasoleati said:
Does this have any connections to the old Luftfahrt journal published in the 1970s? I mean those A5-sized volumes?

You're probably speaking about the "Luftfahrt International", which were publishe between 1974 and 1978 and the
"Luftfahrt Dokumente", I think.
Had the same thoughts, but couldn't find a direct evidence, apart from the possibility, that tey were often based
on the same source documents. The style of the articles often is very similar, so maybe the same authors were
involved, at least in some cases. And the paintings, which were used as title pictures for the "Luftfahrt International"
issues were sold a while ago, so maybe the whole archive of thath publisher was dispersed with, forming the basis
of this series.

Yes, that's the one I meant. I wish somebody would publish an English edition of the "Luftfahrt Dokumente" volume on the Ar 234. This book was entirely composed of original design documents.

Pasoleati said:
Yes, that's the one I meant. I wish somebody would publish an English edition of the "Luftfahrt Dokumente" volume on the Ar 234. This book was entirely composed of original design documents.

Then it's quite difficult to make an English version. ;)
You could just get additional translations. I think, I have that issue, too, if there are things you would
like to be translated, just ask.

And now, that link is no longer available. That is truly unfortunate. I was very interested in the Bv 238 book "Das gab's nur einmal! Bv 238" by Horst Lommel, but now I have no way to get it :(

1644278044897.png

I'm looking for this one:
7: Messerschmitt Me 328 - Bordjäger, Bomber, Selbstopferer... Ein "Billigflieger für alle Fälle"

On german eBay there is a seller who is a relative of the late author. You can get most, if not all, issues of Luftfahrt History there in new condition. The book on the BV 238 seems to be available, too.