Leinweber helicopter

hesham said:
the Leinweber helicopter was amazing design,powred by one 110 hp Le Rhone
engine.

This usually appears as the Curtiss-Leineweber (mind the different spelling) helicopter. It is one of the only two helicopter designs that Glenn Curtiss was involved in.

This usually appears as the Curtiss-Leineweber (mind the different spelling) helicopter.

Different spellings – sometimes as results of typo or mix-up – are often a nuisance when it comes to ID a certain engineer or model type. I am quite sure you did encounter occurances like that.

In the case of Leinweber/Leineweber one should savely be able to assume the same craft is referred to.

However …

The page from „Mechanical Engineering“ shown above letters the name as Leinweber, and the link up there leads to some patent in which the name is also spelled Leinweber …

… which is not only interesting in regard to Leinweber/Leineweber, but the patent IDs one of the three Leinweber brothers’ as Curtis H. Leinweber.

My question is: where did you see the machine referred to as Curtiss-Leineweber?
You write „usually“, so I assume there is more than one instance.

You mention two helicopter w/ which Glenn Curtis was involved. The Wikipedia for Curtuss Aeroplane Company lists only Curtiss-Bleecker. Internet searches for either Curtiss-Leinweber or -Leineweber (and other spelling variants) produce only one result which actually refers to a helicpter – this thread.

To compare these sources seems necessary to solve the spelling issue, but also to ease my suspicion that it might be a mix-up and Curtiss-Leineweber is actually Curtis H. Leinweber. Or not. I don’t know. But I wanna know.

Cheers and a prosperous 2023 to you
A.

Last edited: