Lavochkin La-350 intercontinental cruise missile

Woody

Passionate about the advancement of technology
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Just to make a contribution, has anyone got any ideas about this lavochkine (sic) la350? Looks dangerous. I did a search and there doesn't seam to be anything on the site. Is it worth starting a thread?

Cheers, Woody

Attachments

Deltafan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi woody ! :)

You have three pages (in french... but with design features) about your plane :

http://jpcolliat.free.fr/nava/x10-7.htm

The Lavochkine 350, was a russian experimental nuclear cruise missile from the end of the 50's, counterpart of the american Navaho. The range was 6500 km, the maximal speed : mach 3,2. The ram jet had a thrust of 9000kgp. This cruise missile was abandoned in 1960 because of the superiority of the ballistic missiles.

Trident

Reaction score
That fairing contained the startracker for the stellar navigation system, AFAIK.

Stargazer2006

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Reaction score
Topic renamed and moved to "Missile Projects" section.

kaiserbill

Reaction score
The recent topic of this missiles origins made me look around a bit..and i found this really atmospheric vid.

https://youtu.be/po2BPfbfKCc

snark

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Terrific vid! To quote Youtube comment #1:
"No Hollywood movie from the 50's could recreate that great, fantastic, ominous and futuristic atmosphere!!!"

Archibald

Reaction score
Those intercontinental mach 3 cruise missiles were pretty awesome flying machines. I remember when I got access to the internet for the first time, more than 15 years ago. I spent many hours at J.P Colliat website, learning about the Navaho and Buriya and all the others - Snark, Matador, Hound Dog...