World B4
my bad y'all
- Joined
- 25 June 2017
- Messages
- 596
- Reaction score
- 558
"In 2010 a convicted drug smuggler was reported to have been building a $20 million submarine in Africa. It was intended to sail across to Latin America where it would pick up a cargo of cocaine. It would return to the Canary Islands, from there the drugs would be sent to Europe."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutt...rst-atlantic-narco-submarine/?sh=1a3743f33a13For reference, the overwhelming majority of "narco subs" are built for an estimated cost of under $5 million, with the famous Facatativa submarine being stunning for it's (comparatively) massive size, equal to that of a true coastal submarine, not just a midget sub, and estimated $10 million cost. So I'm incredibly interested in what sort of vessel this would have become.
Here's my source for the $10 million amount
http://www.hisutton.com/Largest-Nar...approximately,Facatativá on September 7 2000.For the "under $5 million" amount, I've seen a lot of articles detailing examples, and from what I've seen 1-3 million encompasses the low to high end of most craft.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutt...rst-atlantic-narco-submarine/?sh=1a3743f33a13For reference, the overwhelming majority of "narco subs" are built for an estimated cost of under $5 million, with the famous Facatativa submarine being stunning for it's (comparatively) massive size, equal to that of a true coastal submarine, not just a midget sub, and estimated $10 million cost. So I'm incredibly interested in what sort of vessel this would have become.
Here's my source for the $10 million amount
http://www.hisutton.com/Largest-Nar...approximately,Facatativá on September 7 2000.For the "under $5 million" amount, I've seen a lot of articles detailing examples, and from what I've seen 1-3 million encompasses the low to high end of most craft.