Kasper wing and trapped vortices

The above test was an obvious success!

Henryk said "-its a pity,
I was NOT in contact with Witold Kasprzyk ( Kasper)...

in 1995 I was read in " Sport Aviation " about Witolds dead (1908/1994)."

Thanks for saying that. I thought that you knew and spoke with Witold in detail when he returned to Poland.

I have studied the TWIT information and as many of the associated books about Kasperik (Sp?) as I have found. In Kasper's opinion the unsuccessful experiments were due to limited understanding of the process. He was continuing to speculate details of the process after the crash of the power plane so it was constructed without a full understanding.

With regard to the Reynolds number questions the proposed "Kasper Vortex Lift" theory is not strongly dependent on Reynolds number in the range of typical man carrying aircraft operations. It is dependent on other variables that deserve additional investigation.

Sorry I can not post more at the moment. Other work is calling. Looking forward to more conversations but i notice the last post here was Feb 4, 2022 so I do not expect a quick reply.

The above test was an obvious success!

Henryk said "-its a pity,
I was NOT in contact with Witold Kasprzyk ( Kasper)...

in 1995 I was read in " Sport Aviation " about Witolds dead (1908/1994)."

Thanks for saying that. I thought that you knew and spoke with Witold in detail when he returned to Poland.

I have studied the TWIT information and as many of the associated books about Kasperik (Sp?) as I have found. In Kasper's opinion the unsuccessful experiments were due to limited understanding of the process. He was continuing to speculate details of the process after the crash of the power plane so it was constructed without a full understanding.

With regard to the Reynolds number questions the proposed "Kasper Vortex Lift" theory is not strongly dependent on Reynolds number in the range of typical man carrying aircraft operations. It is dependent on other variables that deserve additional investigation.

Sorry I can not post more at the moment. Other work is calling. Looking forward to more conversations but i notice the last post here was Feb 4, 2022 so I do not expect a quick reply.
-we try to investigate vortex fenomenon,
similar to dr Sorokodum works...

Attachments

• bekas,turbia 061.jpg
    bekas,turbia 061.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 523.JPG
    523.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 114849-7375208fee27513ad36967e04f3e0ea0.jpeg
    114849-7375208fee27513ad36967e04f3e0ea0.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 11
  • 68565032_2307756359479148_6288158672002482176_n (1).jpg
    68565032_2307756359479148_6288158672002482176_n (1).jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Zdjęcie WhatsApp 2023-01-03 o 13.03.35.jpg
    Zdjęcie WhatsApp 2023-01-03 o 13.03.35.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 213 daddy.JPG
    213 daddy.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 21.40.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 21.40.31.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 15
I am not aware of any physical limit but current technology generally limits CL to 2.5 or less due to boundary layer separation. The “Kasper” theory avoids that limitation.
KASPERWING, 10 kg/m*m,
Vhorisontal=5 m/s,
Cl=?

If you are referring to some other limitation I would like to have more details or references.

Kasper has been known to have been misleading on some of his statements according to some sources.

I think it is wise to not accept on faith everything you hear about Kasprzyk.

I came across a high lift concept called "Kasper wing" or "trapped vortex". It seems like an elegant way of achieving high lift coefficients, but I find limited information. Does anybody know more about this? i would be interested in knowing if the windtunnel tests achieved good performance, and if a flight vehicle was built.

the picture comes from patent "AIRCRAFT WING WITH VORTEX GENERATION" by Witold Kasper, filed in the seventies
Compare with APEX flaps on BOING
X32A JFR...

View: https://youtu.be/lul4ULUplL0?si=Q_R61R_nx8LWwILj

Holy “complex leading edges Batman!”
That Boeing XF-32 prototype had three distinct leading edges on its main wing: inboard, mid-span and outboard.
The inboard apex flaps are the most interesting. Their leading edge hinges are exceedingly rare and last seen on some of Withold Kasper’s later light planes. Kasper did work for Boeing between his time at Canadair and his retirement, but he probably retired well before Boeing designed the XF-32.
Keep in mind that sharply-swept leading edges naturally develop huge vortices at high angles of attack. At steep A.of A. the entire leading edge acts like a giant wingtip. Those apex flaps just help stabilize the huge vortices ….. as Kasper suggested.
XF-32’s mid-span leading edges droop more like those on CF-18 to increase wing camber/curvature. Combined with dropping trailing edge flaps, they improve lift coefficients at low airspeeds.
Finally, XF-32’s outboard leading edges are simply fixed. I suspect that this is meant to mnimize the risk of asymmetric tip stall.
Keep in mind that this XF-32 was only a prototype and (fictional) production F-32s would have had a radically different planform. After struggling to meet performance expectations during test flights, Boeing proposed a radical re-design with a more conventional horizontal tail. Boeing published a few sketches of the proposed conventional XF-32 before they part of the project was cancelled.

Holy “complex leading edges Batman!”
That Boeing XF-32 prototype had three distinct leading edges on its main wing: inboard, mid-span and outboard.
The inboard apex flaps are the most interesting. Their leading edge hinges are exceedingly rare and last seen on some of Withold Kasper’s later light planes. Kasper did work for Boeing between his time at Canadair and his retirement, but he probably retired well before Boeing designed the XF-32.
Keep in mind that sharply-swept leading edges naturally develop huge vortices at high angles of attack. At steep A.of A. the entire leading edge acts like a giant wingtip. Those apex flaps just help stabilize the huge vortices ….. as Kasper suggested.
XF-32’s mid-span leading edges droop more like those on CF-18 to increase wing camber/curvature. Combined with dropping trailing edge flaps, they improve lift coefficients at low airspeeds.
Finally, XF-32’s outboard leading edges are simply fixed. I suspect that this is meant to mnimize the risk of asymmetric tip stall.
Keep in mind that this XF-32 was only a prototype and (fictional) production F-32s would have had a radically different planform. After struggling to meet performance expectations during test flights, Boeing proposed a radical re-design with a more conventional horizontal tail. Boeing published a few sketches of the proposed conventional XF-32 before they part of the project was cancelled.
Thanks Kaspers LE flaps (KASPAR 200 ) XF 32A can fly slow at low
AoA