Junkers/Klagenfurt Klf 255: the fake that would not die!

IMHO, the Ju 225 was neither a real airplane or a even a real design, based on exploitation team findings Spring 1945. IIRC, no less than 4 separate US and British teams visited the various JFM facilities and Nachbau, before giving them over to the Soviets. Those teams were well trained and pretty efficient, they didn't miss much.

Best regards,

Artie Bob

Dear Igor of Unicraft confirmed this status with his words: "flown" 1945 April 1...
This is wonderful for what-if modellers like me.

Tophe said:
The Klagenfurt Klf-255 prototype was a funny April Fools Day joke of the "Fana de l'Aviation" magazine, issue #43.

Absolutely. Completely, utterly fake. And yet many people now believe it was a real project...

Actually, that there's a kit made by Unicraft Models isn't really a confirmation
for a "real project", I think. Perhaps with this company sometimes it's just the
other way round ? Real projects could be regarded as fake, because there's a
Unicraft kit ? ;)
Nevertheless it's another point on our fake list !

"Fake" is not an insult, it is simply more appropriate in the what-if modellers board. We are several visiting both sites.
---Tophe, author of the (French) book "against Reality"---

Tophe said:
"Fake" is not an insult, ..

... but it has quite a bad connotation to my opinion, because too often people are trying to sell
fakes as reality and the what-if modellers board hasn't chosen it's title without good reason.
I really cannot imagine a "Fake modellers board", can you ? ;)
Perhaps a better name would be good, perhaps like "alternative reality" ? But "What-If" is well known
and accepted in the meantime and it only becomes a "fake" if used with dishonest intentions, or
insufficient knowledge.

I usually use "fake" when I described a document that has been done to imitate an original (i.e. a fake advert).

For the photos themselves, I prefer to use the term "imaginary aircraft."

So... this Unicraft's Klagenfurt written as <<"flown" April 1st 1945>> was neither Real nor fake, just smiling fantasy, imaginary, well known as that. Thanks. ;D

In the sense used here, "fake" would be better used in the sense of "with the intention to mislead, misinform, or defraud". Sometimes whifs and alternate history stuff can take on a life of it's own. Sometimes fake ones do, also. Cf the Reggiane 2007 jet.

Tophe said:
So... this Unicraft's Klagenfurt written as <<"flown" April 1st 1945>> was neither Real nor fake, just smiling fantasy, imaginary, well known as that. Thanks. ;D
Hello !
If I remember well, the conceptor of the Klagenfurt is Francis Bergèse, a French celebrity comic strip autor of aeronautical adventures (Beaggles, Buck Danny ...) and a great conceptor of What if airplanes (I love his Renkel ...).
Tonton

This april fool's is back in this month's (april 2023) issue of Le Fana de l'Aviation with the announcement of the release from publisher Weisse Mäuse Sehen (seeing white mice? is that like seeing pink elephants?) of a 500€, 666 page book written by Ludwig Aprilscherz (LOL!). Printed on tanned fish skin to preserve forests. The archives on the project were found in a tank of Schnapps.

Jean-Michel Lefèbvre «Klagenfurt Klf 255». – Le Fana de l'Aviation 1973-04 (043)

Attachments

• 15421462.jpg
    15421462.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 27
  • heller12.jpg
    heller12.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 524.jpg
    524.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
  • 525.jpg
    525.jpg