Japanese twin engine folding wing carrier aircraf

Hardrada55

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
What is this plane? It is from a picture in the thread below about successors to the Tahio class carriers.

Attachments

• twin engine folding wing.png
    twin engine folding wing.png
    83 KB · Views: 192
  • i-img1200x900-1551148934gqlcq9997251.jpg
    i-img1200x900-1551148934gqlcq9997251.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 197
Wow!!! It's a new information for me.:oops:

Last edited:
What is this plane? It is from a picture in the thread below about successors to the Tahio class carriers.

It would help if you could give us the name of the book. If you don't read Japanese, post a picture of the cover, clear enough so we can see all of the print no matter how small.

Ok your original post was in naval projects. We are now in early aircraft projects. Thanks for the link.

I tried to read the document which Hardrada55-san contributed. (Honestly speaking, I want more clear scan.)
Very interesting. Give me some time.
The drawing which shows twin engine carrier bomber is a estimated drawing (推定図). But the project seemes to be a real.
According to this document, the specification of this aircraft was decided by Dr.Masao Yamana(Kugisho, Suisei designer).

Weight : 8ton, Length : 12.3m, Span : 18m(9m), Height : 3.5m
Maximum speed : 250kt(463km/h)/4000m, Range : 900nm(1666km)(attack),1700nm(3148km)(reconnaissance)
Torpedo : 800kg or Bomb : 1000kg
Engine : same as Suisei?(seems to be liquid cooling engine)

Last edited:
This the navy type 93 attack bomber(Mitsubishi 3MT5A~3MT5) was initiallly designed as 7-shi twin engine carrier attack bomber to carry large torpedo in 1929.
But judged as not suitable for carrier use.

The twin engine carrier bomber(unified attack aircraft and dive bomber) discussed here was planned in 1940.
When planning a high-performance dive bomber more than 13-shi dive bomber Suisei, there was a limit in the single-engine aircraft.
Then twin-engine attack aircraft/dive bomber and large aircraft carrier were planned.
But Nakajima succeeded to develop high performance Homare engine, neccesity of twin engine carrier bomber disappeared.

Attachments

• img_0.jpg
    img_0.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I tried to read the document which Hardrada55-san contributed. (Honestly speaking, I want more clear scan.)
Very interesting. Give me some time.
The drawing which shows twin engine carrier bomber is a estimated drawing (推定図). But the project seemes to be a real.
According to this document, the specification of this aircraft was decided by Dr.Masao Yamana(Kugisho, Suisei designer).

Weight : 8ton, Length : 12.3m, Span : 18m(9m), Height : 3.5m
Maximum speed : 250kt(463km/h)/4000m, Range : 900nm(1666km)(attack),1700nm(3148km)(reconnaissance)
Torpedo : 800kg or Bomb : 1000kg
Engine : same as Suisei?(seems to be liquid cooling engine)
I'am the one who posted the picture on naval section and I want to apologize but I can't make clearer scan as I simply find the picture on the web, not having the original book/magazine nor the title of it. In the naval section you can find the scan of two more page of the same publication, maybe you can find there more useful information. Also I would be extremely glad if you can also translate infos regarding the proposed carrier intended to carry this mysterious plane.

Back
Top Bottom