J-10 overview and personal views

Huhu ... ??? no comments on my list ! ???

Deino :-[

overscan said:
According to some reports it placed second in the LWF contest after General Dynamics' Model 401 on a pure merit basis but was too similar to the General Dynamics design to offer enough of a contrast. Therefore the two engined Northrop P-610 was selected instead.

Relevance to J-10 is very hard to see?

Maybe you should look at the inlet design.

Deino said:
Huhu ... no comments ! ??? :-\

I found out that there are some mismatches in the 2002/2003 timeframe ... and esp. the number of aircraft during that time ... ???

Any help ! :-*

I don't think no. 18 is a PS. As a matter of fact, the idea of trying to put the picture into a negative then emboss it, is to highlight any attempt in photo manipulation. Rather the case of the picture is to prove the opposite. Much more likely to me that J-10 08 on a very similar photo is the PS here with added material on the 1 to turn it into a 0. As a matter of fact, the picture also lost the first digit of the two digits under the canopy. This is a crude attempt to slip the picture past the censors, and to prevent the poster and the forum admins from getting into hot water with the authorities for revealing opsec.

In any case, appearance of unpainted planes with numbers like 01 and 02 back in 2003 tells you that the initial batch of planes to the FTTC were brand new originals. The prototypes with 101x numbers were then added later and that's nearly enough to turn the regiment into minimum of 20. Add the final spec of J-10s with the door flaps on top of that, and you get the full regiment.

Looking at the new JF-17s Pakistan just received, the planes no longer have a pitot on their grey radomes.

Could be a sign of things that is coming your way on the J-10s in the future.

Can anyone point out the MAWS sensors, RWR antenna and decoy dispensers of the J-10 please?

I would say they are located under the PLAAF-symbol ! ???

Deino

Attachments

• J-10A no. 50551 part.jpg
    J-10A no. 50551 part.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 73
That image also looks PSed. No other photo shows any dispensers in that location.