Is there a reason why we don't have a MAKS '09 tread ??

Deino

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
For all the last mayor Air Shows we had a seperate tread for the news and so on ... Why not for MAKS '09 !??

Or am I too stupid to find that tread. ???

Deino

Deino, wait a little...too tired to resize pics and start posting...

Because MAKS was "boring" this year? No Meteorit, no R-33S, and no T-50. OK, so maybe "boring" is the wrong term, but it appears that there were no really new or interesting revelations. MAKS 07 had Buk-M2E and Meteorit, at least.

well, NPOMash stand instead had row of missiles models - almost whole range of 'em, including Meteorit
Buk-M2E was too

I agree that this year (from my point of view) MAKS lacked the real news. It is true that there was Superjet 100 and the latest Su-35, but at least the first of them was already shown in Paris.

it was no boring at all because the NIIP company showed the radar of the T-50,so a little piece of the fighter was on show and the Dozor uav and a new jet trainer was all so to see on MAKS2009.
Ill hope that soon the pics will arrive but IM confident that that will happen soon

Maybe as a teaser ...

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=191747

Deino

I doubt that mines won't be so cool as Zmey Smirnoff's - guy has really cool photos
would be obliged if you wuill not re-post on other forums, etc

I hadn't much time to go watch flight demonstration, and my subtle 55-250 lenses are something that won't give you Tokunaga-like experience. Walking with 20 kg backpack full of booklets and leaflets and camera hanging on the neck, a duty to vizit endless press-conferences trying to be in time here and there at once - that's hard. All my shots on August 16, the flight demo general repetition day, were taken in WB balance set for artifical light (I did never used DSLR before, and was given a spare one), so they need to be painfully improved in Photoshop (because they are not RAWs). External flash also displayed some weird behaviour in ETTL mode...all was against me.

As always, next day after show end is a day when you discover that you haven't shot something very interesting, or didn't get a booklet that has some interesting stuff...

and for Russian Space Flight and Missles program on MAKS'09
look here ;D

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/maks2009/index.htm

flateric said:
I doubt that mines won't be so cool as Zmey Smirnoff's - guy has really cool photos
would be obliged if you wuill not re-post on other forums, etc

I hadn't much time to go watch flight demonstration, and my subtle 55-250 lenses are something that won't give you Tokunaga-like experience. Walking with 20 kg backpack full of booklets and leaflets and camera hanging on the neck, a duty to vizit endless press-conferences trying to be in time here and there at once - that's hard. All my shots on August 16, the flight demo general repetition day, were taken in WB balance set for artifical light (I did never used DSLR before, and was given a spare one), so they need to be painfully improved in Photoshop (because they are not RAWs). External flash also displayed some weird behaviour in ETTL mode...all was against me.

As always, next day after show end is a day when you discover that you haven't shot something very interesting, or didn't get a booklet that has some interesting stuff...

Hey ... Thanks a lot and even if You think Your pictures are not "that cool" they have at least a surprise !

Any info what's that green transporter is ?? ???

Thanks a lot for posting,
Deino

Deino said:

as EMZ leaflet directly says, this is ...errr..."mid-range airliner with improved comfortability" - one of myriad M-60 variants
in short, this is Myasichev proposal for An-22 sized military cargo plane

hi Flatric i saw between your photos a very interesting model of a Masishev cargo aircraft can you tell me more of this aircraft?
best regards T-50

Thanks for the pictures. I specially appretiate Su-47 cockpit shot.

While I'm still lazy, beautiful guys from www.sukhoi.ru - namely Hokum (that we know already till 2007) and Dao, Andrey Zinchuk and Pavel Bukanov - continue to upload myriad photos from the show.

http://maks.sukhoi.ru/

Please do respect authors (c) and don't repost at the other forums/sites.

T-50 said:
hi Flatric i saw between your photos a very interesting model of a Masishev cargo aircraft can you tell me more of this aircraft?

wait a little, I need to find its leaflet among 20 kg of other stuff - unsorted - from MAKS

Deino said:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,405.msg67313.html#msg67313