• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Inter War RN without the Naval Treaties?

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, that's why the rules state:

General Conduct
  • Remember The Golden Rule: Treat others as you would have them treat you.
  • ALWAYS be polite and civil in forum posts.
  • Personal attacks on others are ALWAYS inappropriate. Disagree all you like with their ideas or opinions, but don't resort to name-calling or flaming. Argue facts, not personalities.
  • Remind yourself that these are people with whom you are dealing. They have feelings. Try to treat others with dignity. The world is a big place, with different cultures and conventions.
  • If other users are not as civil as you would like them to be, be more civil, not less in response. That way you don't contribute to the degredation of the tone of the forum by your own actions but are actively doing something about it. Some of our older members in particular are actively turned off from the forum by rudeness, lack of respect and pointless slanging matches, and some valuable former engineers have been lost from the forum's membership.
  • Keep in mind that raw text may be ambiguous and often seems ruder than the same words coming from a person standing in front of you. Irony is not always obvious when written. Remember that text comes without facial expressions, vocal inflection, or body language. Be careful choosing the words you write: what you mean might not be what others understand. Likewise, be careful how you interpret what you read: what you understand might not be what others mean, especially if English is not their first language.
  • If you feel that a post is in the wrong section, is pointlessly stupid, or otherwise obectionable, report it using the "report" button found in each post and explain what the problem is. Your compaint will be reviewed by a moderator as soon as practicable. Don't jump in and post replies in the topic.

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score
Steelwind has requested deletion of his account, which has been done.
That is indeed unfortunate. :( So the new setup means that when an account is deleted, all the posts that were made with it automatically go as well?

Last edited:

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. All messages are kept, unless deleted by the user before their account is deleted, but they will be attributed to "Deleted Member xxxxxx".

Steelwind deleted all the messages in this topic himself, I could undelete them but that would counter his apparent wishes.

pathology_doc

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
She received a redesign after Jutland but she was still designed against German construction so she ceased to be relevant to new British construction once the German threat had been removed. By that time the Japanese were working on the Nagato class and the Americans were working on the Colorados, South Dakotas and Lexingtons, all with 16" guns, so something new and different was required. Essentially, the G3s were designed against the Lexingtons and N3s against the South Dakotas.
Interesting. I hadn't grasped that subtlety. So the Hoods as-designed are a dead end after all, although one can always argue what would have happened if the Bismarck hadn't got that lucky shot...

Steelwind deleted all the messages in this topic himself, I could undelete them but that would counter his apparent wishes.
To ask for one's account to be scrubbed seems rather extreme. What was the reason given?

Volkodav

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Continuing with the remaining three Hoods only makes sense if an earlier treaty was envisioned, meaning the RN realised it was them or nothing, or another nation took over the contracts to replace their now obsolete ships, prior to the ratification of the Washington Treaty.