Indian transports

boxkite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I found these Indian projects in a link to another forum, but miss illustrations (especially of the built one).

HCP-25 - Small utility transport aircraft. Prototype built.

HAC-33 - Military transport with the ability to carry 24 troops/12 streachers
in a pressurised cabin (20 seat capacity). Design began in Dec.
1973. The Do-228 took it's intended role.

Dear Boxkite,
some 2,5 years late, but...
Attached photo of the Hindustan HCP-25. I never found details and many years did write to Hindustan, but got reply with details of the Pushpak. What I found ou is that it had a 600hp radial engine and this could be a P&W R1340, Alvis Leonides, Shvetsov. It it possible that the airframe was modified from a Noorduyn Norseman with 3-blade prop, additional cabin windows, re-contoured Beaver style vertical tail.
I have seen the aircraft described as HCP-125, HCP-25, LAS (for Logistic Air Support). It seemsto have flown in September 1960 and development was under leadership of Dr. V.M.Ghatage. A turbine engine version was apparently also planned, but never built.

Anyone with more (or corrected) information on this unique aircraft?

Walter

Attachments

• Hindustan HCP-25.jpg
    Hindustan HCP-25.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for digging for it, Walter.

walter said:
Dear Boxkite,
some 2,5 years late, but...
Attached photo of the Hindustan HCP-25. I never found details and many years did write to Hindustan, but got reply with details of the Pushpak. What I found ou is that it had a 600hp radial engine and this could be a P&W R1340, Alvis Leonides, Shvetsov. It it possible that the airframe was modified from a Noorduyn Norseman with 3-blade prop, additional cabin windows, re-contoured Beaver style vertical tail.
I have seen the aircraft described as HCP-125, HCP-25, LAS (for Logistic Air Support). It seemsto have flown in September 1960 and development was under leadership of Dr. V.M.Ghatage. A turbine engine version was apparently also planned, but never built.
Anyone with more (or corrected) information on this unique aircraft?

Walter

A next candidate for
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1070.105.html