ID this STOL Airplane Model

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

can anyone ID this STOL airplane,it had seven propellers !,from L + K magazine.

Attachments

• STOL-1.JPG
    STOL-1.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 240
  • STOL-2.JPG
    STOL-2.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 224
  • STOL-3.JPG
    STOL-3.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 210
From the caption it would seem these studies were conducted at the D.V.L. Institut für Aerodynamik at Berlin-Adlershof, in Germany.

Thank you Stargazer,

and I thought it was a certain design.

The scans are too small to be able to catch any extra bit of information I'm afraid.

Hi Stargazer,

I can divide the page into two or three parts.

Attachments

• stol-1.JPG
    stol-1.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 153
  • stol-2.JPG
    stol-2.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 146
  • stol-3.JPG
    stol-3.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 25
In most PDF files, you can:

1°) Hold the Ctrl button while left-clicking on the page (that will select the whole page as an image).
2°) Right-click on it and "Save as..." (that will save the whole page as an image)
3°) Or if you don't want to save it, right-click and "Copy" (this will copy the whole page as one image).

From these scans we at least know that the project originated with a Berlin teacher of Aerodynamics called "Dr. Mieses" (likely a typo for Richard von Mises, see Wikipedia) and that the studies were supervised by an engineer called Zhurov. Also, since Mises left Germany circa 1933 because of the rise of the 3rd Reich, we can assume that the design is from the late 20s or early 30s. I don't really read Czech but the text mentions the dates 1930 and 1935 which seem to be basically when the project was started and when Zhurov's tests ended.

Thank you Stargazer,

but I can't do the 3 notes as you mention,may be my PDF program is old.

hesham said:
may be my PDF program is old.

Maybe. Or maybe the author of that PDF deactivated the copying functions for that document.

You can also try to press both the control and lower case keys at the same time when right clicking on the page. Also you can get better results sometimes by doing the click on the sides or corners of the page, where it is not hindered by the OCR'd text).