Attachments

• book3germ.jpg
    book3germ.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 380
  • Projekt.JPG
    Projekt.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 377
I have no idea what that is or what it do
you got more information about that "model" ?

It's a fake model based upon the seminal work of Max Valier of late 20's.

Attachments

• Valier Rocketship.jpg
    Valier Rocketship.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 364
Not again Friedrich Georg
i had overlook the book author...
In this case that Missile is TOTALY FAKE

23fa9f5bec59537f49018d85f96446d9.jpg

I faund this model on e-bay: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Sanger-Projekt-T-1945-1-72-Bird-Models-Resinbausatz-Resin-kit/251835674212?_trksid=p2047675.c100013.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140620080710%26meid%3D9c65ea53cae345e1a5a8b84d7433959e%26pid%3D100013%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D231068521254

Short info:

Complete resin kit of a german intercontinental rocket project, the Sänger project "T" scale 1/72 by Bird Models (2009). The kit contains 16 resin parts, a vacumformed canopy and an english-german instruction manual, no decals. A model kit will be sold in this offer, but no built model.

In 1944 the German Rocket Scientist Dr. Eugen Saenger developed an Intercontinental Rocket (called Project "T"), which was to be a bomber with the capability to reach North America. The "T"-Rocket was dimensionally larger than the V2 rocket and had three rocket motors, which could be switched on and off during flight. It should start vertically and reach considerable hights via several climbing-/ gliding-phases. The average speed was to be 2,350 km/h, Range: 6,000 km. The "T" Rocket was to be used in a manned and in an un-manned version. Immediately before the guided impact into the target, the nose was to be separated, so that the pilot could "safely" extract himself. Allegedly the rocket was tested at Lueneburg Heath (Northern Germany) and was used as a testbed for the Saenger Antipodal Bomber Project.

i never heard of Eugen Sänger project T
i know that Sänger worked during war on Silbervögel, but that's horizontal launch rocket powered space plane, not a rocket.

yes, agree! Maby this one of the unknown project, but info, i think, very speculative....

It seems that this concept (paper stage only) was, here the view from the Hitler's Suppressed and Still-Secret Weapons, Science and Technology book by Henry Stewens. There any world about Sanger but this concept named "T" and described rather like "triebflugel"-type.

Attachments

• unknown_rocket.JPG
    unknown_rocket.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 142
Hi, Orionblamblam! Why You think so? There is info about it at least in two books... maby not so fictional...

There are hundreds of books written on reptiloids ruling this world. So what?

Vladimir said:
Hi, Orionblamblam! Why You think so? There is info about it at least in two books... maby not so fictional...

Yeah, two books by authors charitably described as "disreputable." And beyond that... just *look* at the damn thing. It's *stupid.*
1) It has three rocket engines and four fins... and one of the rockets is aimed directly at one of the fins.
2) The three rocket engines are mounted in the *front.* By the time of WWII, no rocket engineer worth a handful of gangrenous beans would have designed a missile with the rockets at the front. They were a decade past that silliness. Rocket engines at the front add nothing to performance. But they impose *substantial* thermal and structural loads on the the sides of the body. They make control more difficult. They add drag. A thrust imbalance is an immediate vehicle-killer. They cost more.
3) The fins make no sense. Why the change in leading edge sweep? What's with the trailing rods/spikes/antennae/whatever?
4) Three rocket engine rather than one big one? Nope. Costs too much, add little to nothing to performance.
5) The fins look like they have less total surface area for the size of the vehicle than the V-2 had. But this vehicle has those three pylon-mounted engines up front, moving the center of pressure substantially forward. Very likely this thing would be neutrally stable at best, liable to tumble.

Sangers work is well known. He designed a lot of rocket powered vehicles, both before and after the war. *Nothing* he designed looked like this. Sanger actually had some skill, talent and knowledge.

It is, I suppose, just barely possible that something like this was drawn up during the war. Probably by some kid hoping to avoid being drafted into the Hitler Youth and being sent off to the eastern front. But far more likely is that this is just the fever dream of some modern charlatan hoping to sucker people in with An Exciting New Discovery About How Advanced The Nazis Were.

The same author has written the book "Hitler's Flying Saucers - A guide to German flying discs of the Second
World War " and I'm afraid he was absolutely serious. This could be regarded as an indicator for his credibility. ::)

Jemiba said:
The same author has written the book "Hitler's Flying Saucers - A guide to German flying discs of the Second
World War " and I'm afraid he was absolutely serious. This could be regarded as an indicator for his credibility. ::)

I think it's about time *I* write a book on Nazi flying saucers. It'll probably have to be self published, but I'm thinking of a larger-format paperback, with a lavishly rendered front cover, a back with *all* the blurbs, a good table of contents, full index, and on page one it says "There weren't any, grow the hell up," followed by 300 blank pages.

Orionblamblam said:
Jemiba said:

I think it's about time *I* write a book on Nazi flying saucers. It'll probably have to be self published, but I'm thinking of a larger-format paperback, with a lavishly rendered front cover, a back with *all* the blurbs, a good table of contents, full index, and on page one it says "There weren't any, grow the hell up," followed by 300 blank pages.

if that's the book, i found on a jumble market.
The "Evidence" were old photograph were you have to find a minuscule dot in sky, that author claims it Luftwaffe flying saucers

I wanna buy the Lowther "Reichsflugscheiben" book !
why ?
with 300 blank pages, It's best documented book about "Reichsflugscheiben" ;D

Orionblamblam said:
Vladimir said:

Yeah, two books by authors charitably described as "disreputable." And beyond that... just *look* at the damn thing. It's *stupid.*
1) It has three rocket engines and four fins... and one of the rockets is aimed directly at one of the fins.
2) The three rocket engines are mounted in the *front.* By the time of WWII, no rocket engineer worth a handful of gangrenous beans would have designed a missile with the rockets at the front. They were a decade past that silliness. Rocket engines at the front add nothing to performance. But they impose *substantial* thermal and structural loads on the the sides of the body. They make control more difficult. They add drag. A thrust imbalance is an immediate vehicle-killer. They cost more.

3) The fins make no sense. Why the change in leading edge sweep? What's with the trailing rods/spikes/antennae/whatever?
4) Three rocket engine rather than one big one? Nope. Costs too much, add little to nothing to performance.
5) The fins look like they have less total surface area for the size of the vehicle than the V-2 had. But this vehicle has those three pylon-mounted engines up front, moving the center of pressure substantially forward. Very likely this thing would be neutrally stable at best, liable to tumble.

Sangers work is well known. He designed a lot of rocket powered vehicles, both before and after the war. *Nothing* he designed looked like this. Sanger actually had some skill, talent and knowledge.

It is, I suppose, just barely possible that something like this was drawn up during the war. Probably by some kid hoping to avoid being drafted into the Hitler Youth and being sent off to the eastern front. But far more likely is that this is just the fever dream of some modern charlatan hoping to sucker people in with An Exciting New Discovery About How Advanced The Nazis Were.

Hi, Orionblamblam. Thanks for opinion

Orionblamblam said:
Jemiba said:

Yeah but what would be more fun, that or the collective forum writing a 100% pure bullshit flying saucer book just to see who bites?