ID this aircraft

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

I can't ID this aircraft,they mention EAA,and the aircraft called W-1,can anyone
recognize it ?.

From L + K

Attachments

• W-1  (1).JPG
    W-1 (1).JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 275
  • W-1  (2).JPG
    W-1 (2).JPG
    140 KB · Views: 259
The text calls it the W-1 and its designer a man called Vlad Verner.

Stargazer2006 said:
The text calls it the W-1 and its designer a man called Vlad Verner.

Yes Stargazer,

but who heard about this aircraft or its designer before ?,I have many Jane's
all the World's Aircraft books,from 1960s up to 1970s,but no way.

Hi!

We definitely need someone, who could fluently read czech language. My little knowledge gives me the idea, that this Verner was a Czechoslovakian citizen of that time, and he build aircraft, similar to the american home-build planes of the era. The date of planned first flight has been estimated april 1969. Perhaps, the circumstances inside the country in 1968 prevents it to became reality?

Silencer1 said:
Hi!

We definitely need someone, who could fluently read czech language. My little knowledge gives me the idea, that this Wagner was a Czechoslovakian citizen of that time, and he build aircraft, similar to the american home-build planes of the era. The date of planned first flight has been estimated april 1969. Perhaps, the circumstances inside the country in 1968 prevents it to became reality?

Who said it was Wagner? It's Verner! This is typically the way mistakes get multiplied all on the web!

I found a Czech engineer by the name of Vladimir Verner, but his specialty was not aeronautics so I'm not sure it is the same person:
http://biom.cz/cz/o-biomu/autori/vladimir-verner-2

I check about him Stargazer,

his name Verner,Valda,mention in Jane's 1972-1973 with his aircraft,but I haven't this issue.

My fault! I replaced wrong surname with correct one.

Stargazer2006 said:
Who said it was Wagner? It's Verner! This is typically the way mistakes get multiplied all on the web!

There is a good book on Czechoslovakian aircraft, written by Vaclav Nemecek, although I don't have it in my possession. Perhaps its second volume, dedicated to postwar aviation also hs mentioned Verner's design

You can find the name as Verner or Werner and the aircraft as V-1, W-1 or W-01. Name is Brouček.
See attached photo
It is now part of the Air Force Museum in Prague/Kbely
Google Verner Broucek, W-01 etc. and quite some info/photos should appear.

Attachments

• Werner W-01.jpg
    Werner W-01.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 115
walter said:
You can find the name as Verner or Werner and the aircraft as V-1, W-1 or W-01. Name is Brouček.
See attached photo
It is now part of the Air Force Museum in Prague/Kbely
Google Verner Broucek, W-01 etc. and quite some info/photos should appear.

Thanks for these details, walter.

"Brouček" is a diminutive for "brouk" (coleopter), therefore "small coleopter". The spelling "Verner" is the correct Czech one. "Werner" would be a German-language transcription (the "vee" sound in German is transcribed by the letter W — while the letter "V" is pronounced like an "F").

From JAWA 1972.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    763 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.png
    2.png
    571.9 KB · Views: 31