Icarus Aerospace TAV

Really does look like a slightly scaled up and cleaned up OV-10, doesn't it? Wonder if Boeing is chipping in any advice from OV-10X.

Edit: The original tweet threw me off; I was thinking this was a new project from the same folks who did AHRLAC/Mwari and are partnered with Boeing. Seems like it's a separate enterprise based in Canada.

Last edited:
and Tampa? Guess they are trying to get in with the SOF community. Seems to be making Stavatii (sp) like promises.

Last edited:
and Tampa? Guess they are trying to get in with the SOF community. Seems to be making Stavatii (sp) like promises.

Somewhat, but this design doesn't seem quite so outlandish as the Stavatti visions.

But the odds of them being able to get orders with no manufacturing track record are pretty slim.

Been thinking about this and it strikes me that naming an airplane company after the pilot of the mythological first (fatal) aircraft crash might not be a great idea...

Been thinking about this and it strikes me that naming an airplane company after the pilot of the mythological first (fatal) aircraft crash might not be a great idea...
I thought Icarus made it. It was his son who flew to close to the sun. The point is still valid though first recorded Class A accident.

I thought Icarus made it. It was his son who flew to close to the sun. The point is still valid though first recorded Class A accident.

Nah, Daedalus was the father (who survived); Icarus flew too close to the sun and died.

They even have the story on their website!

Wow, this thing does everything- except fast jet.

Recon, attack, maritime strike, unmanned drone, bla bla.

Sounds super.