I.Ae.46 Ranquel production

walter

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
How many I.Ae.46/I.A.46 Ranquel (and Super Ranquel) aircraft actually were built?
Anyone able to advise where to find accurate figures?
Thank you.

Not very precise figures:
In the book "Fábrica Militar de Aviones, Crónicas y Testimonios" by ángel césar arreguez (edición literaria: sergio luis mansur,Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnología, Gobierno de la Provincia de Córdoba 2008), it is just mentionned: "More than 200 units, in its different versions"
3V from the book.
From "Airlife's General Aviation" by R. Simpson (second edition, 95): "Over 220 Ranquels were built"

Attachments

• 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 199
From the book « Las alas de Peron II » by Ricardo Burzaco (Ediciones Eugenio B, 2007)
- I.Ae.46 “Ranquel” (150hp Lycoming O-320-A2B, 88 imperial gallon spray tank): 116 units but some of them were later re-engined with 180hp Lycoming)
- I.Ae.46 Model 66 “Super Ranquel” (180hp Lycoming O-360-A1A, 88 imperial gallon spray tank): 16 units
- I.Ae.51 “Tehuelche” (180hp Lycoming O-360-A1A, metal covered wings, larger flaps and 110 imperial gallons spray tank): 1 unit

So total : 133 units (the difference with previous figures could be the number of Ranquels re-engined with 180hp Lycoming)

Hi Retrofit :)
Thank you fort the detailed replies! You will also have noticed that production figures quoted on the net vary from 133 to 220+, depending which source you like to believe. (wikipedia >220, Spanish language sites más de 200 , etc.etc. )
I think more and more that you are correct with the 133 number and this is substantiated by what I hope is a reliable site and based on your information it seems the case. (or is this site also your source??)
Please see http://www.zonamilitar.com.ar/foros/threads/los-aviones-de-fma.7476/ which also gives construction numbers.
The same site also has interesting info on other FMA/Dinfia types.
Thanks again Retrofit

The link above is very, very tiny! A word of advice to walter (and to all of you on this forum): to avoid display troubles when you copy-paste something, make sure to always return to the post after submitting, just to see if it looks the way you meant it to. See attachment!

Attachments

• box-tick.jpg
    box-tick.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 108
Hi Stéphane :)
Thanks for the tip. Relieved that no Mount Snowdon documents turned up!
the link was meant to to show as: ....zonamilitar.com.ar/foros/threads/los-aviones-de-fma.7476/