Henry Kissinger RIP

I know, I know: grave dancing is frowned uppon. Let me instead quote Napoléon: talking about France very own Kissinger: the machiavellian Talleyrand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Maurice_de_Talleyrand-Périgord
The very Talleyrand that had helped the Vienna Congress of nations to overthrow Napoléon.

"You are shit. Shit in a silk stocking" Fits Kissinger well enough, could be adapted "You are shit, Kissinger. Shit in a silk suit."

... and when Napoleon was deposed, Talleyrand continued. So it goes.

Too late, American politicians have now learned to lose wars, negotiating, without their advice. In my opinion, if the Allies succeeded in defeating the Reich it was only because Kissinger was too late to prevent it. I don't think he had ill will, he was just unlucky.

He was polarising Figure
One condemn him, other praise him.
Face it, he made Real Politic
and prevented a nuclear war between USSR and China in 1968

Alone for this, i praise him (together with several millions Chinese)

He was polarising Figure
One condemn him, other praise him.
Face it, he made Real Politic
and prevented a nuclear war between USSR and China in 1968

Alone for this, i praise him (together with several millions Chinese)

Nope. The Soviets did it alone. They had a crushing advantage in nuclear megatons BUT the Chinese had the population bomb. They threatened to mount an invasion of Vladivostok and the Russian far east. And even with 30 000 nukes of varied sizes, the Soviets were not entirely sure they could stop human waves, millions anfter millions of Chinese light troops staging the biggest guerrilla in the history of mankind. Go nuke that: not only a genocide, but perhaps not enough nukes - in raw numbers.
So the Soviets in August 1969 punished the Chinese in a symmetrical way to the March 1969 incident. Then they stopped right there and proposed a ceasefire at a meeting in September or October. Unfortunately this scared the living shit out of the Chinese, who feared a decapitation strike: nuclear or not. For two months - and unbestknown to even the Soviets - the Chinese were really, really scared. Things cooled down by Early November.

And meanwhile, at the same moment, Nixon was trying his hand at the Madman Theory. He was toying with SIOP, B-52s, DEFCON levels - to try and scare NVA into nuclear brickmanship. Bad luck, the NVA didn't took the bait - but the Soviets did, and became really scared.

Bottom line: at some point early October 1969, Nixon scared the living shit out of the Soviets, who in turn scared the Chineses.

So far i heard the Story the Soviet wanted to invade China after thing went out of control at their borders.
it imply to use nuclear weapons agains China
but there were problem: How will USA react ???

So Soviet diplomats ask "theoretical Questions" on reception in Washington D.C.
About what you do if USSR nuclear attack theoretical another Nation, who is not US ?
it was Henry Kissinger who answer loud and clearly near Chinese diplomats
the USA will counter-attack immediate !
while Soviet diplomats faces went pale, the Chinese just realised that USA took their side in conflict !

This start diplomatic exchange between China and USA, were Nixon went to China !

Kissinger was one of those "ends justify the means" type of guys. He didn't let human rights or democratic values stand in his way. He leaves behind a complex legacy.

I met him once, back in the early 1990s. Wow, he lived to be 100 years old. They say "only the good die young." Truer words...

Last edited:
Henry Kissinger is a cool man. Not everyone can live 100 years.... For me, it's amazing how Americans live so long with such medicine as in the USA? Or does it relate just about the rich and famous? Do ordinary US citizens often live to be 100 years old?

So far i heard the Story the Soviet wanted to invade China after thing went out of control at their borders.
it imply to use nuclear weapons agains China
but there were problem: How will USA react ???

So Soviet diplomats ask "theoretical Questions" on reception in Washington D.C.
About what you do if USSR nuclear attack theoretical another Nation, who is not US ?
it was Henry Kissinger who answer loud and clearly near Chinese diplomats
the USA will counter-attack immediate !
while Soviet diplomats faces went pale, the Chinese just realised that USA took their side in conflict !

This start diplomatic exchange between China and USA, were Nixon went to China !
This is disinformation. We have never had plans to launch a nuclear strike against China. Even during the crisis on the Taman Peninsula. And as for Kissinger's words, saying does not mean doing. It would not be a "retaliatory strike", but an attacker's strike. The United States would not have become a great empire if it had behaved so stupidly. The obvious course in this situation is to watch on the sidelines as two geopolitical adversaries destroy each other. And try to make money or somehow become stronger on this conflict. What I am telling you is exactly what you have already succeeded in the case of Ukraine. By the way, the Daman conflict showed that the Chinese do not know how to fight. Their losses were simply huge. For cowardice, more Chinese were shot by their own than our total losses in this brawl.

Kissinger cannot escape his role at the Court of Richard Nixon and the way in which that administration floundered around trying to get "peace with honour " in Vietnam.
The US ended up having to watch Hanoi take over the South and Cambodia descend into the hell of the Khmer Rouge.
But it was Kissinger's encouragement of Nixon's own paranoia about those who opposed him which resulted in the worst excesses of a US President before Trump.