Hawker Hunter in Omani service

Ewan T

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
1701279839801.png
So I've started this thread in order to gain some more info on the Hawker Hunters used by Oman. So far I have the following:

Hunters carried 2 AN/ALE40 Flare and chaff countermeasures under the tail

Hunters carried 2 AIM-9Ps on inner pylons

Hunters used were a mix of FGA.9/ FR.10 and ex Jordanian FGA.73/ T.66s

some info I would really love is whether or not they carried any AGMs, in particular the AGM-65 Maverick

To my knowledge, the Omani Hunters did not have the capacity to carry AGM-65s. I believe the first Maverick received by the Omani Air Force were the 80 AGM-65D/Gs received during the Peace A'sama A'safiya II programme, 2014.
AFAIK, the Hunter Omani carried only unguided bombs.
Omani Hunter FGA.73B (840) on ground.png

Last edited:
To get back on a serious note, I believe that the Swiss and Singaporean Hunters were the only ones to be able to use
AGM-65s. But I have no pics of RSAF Hunters with Mavericks.
proxy-image.jpg

To get back on a serious note, I believe that the Swiss and Singaporean Hunters were the only ones to be able to use
AGM-65s. But I have no pics of RSAF Hunters with Mavericks.
I have not read or seen any indication that the AGM-65 was wired for RSAF Hunters .... I do not think RSAF Hunters were ever wired for guided weapon, except the Sidewinders ....

To my knowledge, the Omani Hunters did not have the capacity to carry AGM-65s. I believe the first Maverick received by the Omani Air Force were the 80 AGM-65D/Gs received during the Peace A'sama A'safiya II programme, 2014.
AFAIK, the Hunter Omani carried only unguided bombs.
View attachment 714148
ah thank you, I found that out after I put up this post but was too preoccupied to come back and change this (I forgot this existed completely) but all in all from what i can tell they carried:

British Made 540 and 1000lbs bombs
80mm Sura Rockets
and AIM-9Ps

alongside having twin CM dispensers on its tail with up to 60 countermeasures stored (30 each)

Actually those pictures were faked...they were mounted on a motion control rig and the terrain Photoshopped in. :O
Maybe you want to substantiate that claim.
This gentleman begs to differ...

Attachments

• Oman Sepecat Jaguar Low pass Thumrait afb mid 80s car Flattened.jpg
    Oman Sepecat Jaguar Low pass Thumrait afb mid 80s car Flattened.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: