Have you seen the Boulton-Paul P.141 (or other unbuilt 141s)?

Dear Tophe,
when I spoke about those companies ,I was guessing only,because for Bell there is D series up to 300,
for Convair the seriesreach number 200,for Dornier its projects began from P.1 to 500 or more,
for Douglas the model number up to 1400,for Fairchild up to 600 and for the rest of companies past the 141.
I will try to find them with you.

Thanks Hesham.

Next step: Fokker Ontwerp-141 (Design 141): I have found the Ont.135 Super G.1 of 1936 and Ont.147 of 1937, so the Ont.141 may be another improved G.1 like this – in line engines, clear rear post:
r_G1_zb.jpg

(this is a dream, waiting for a real source)

Dear Hesham, could you tell us if you found actual mention of the missing ones* or just concluded they have existed because there were figures below and figures above? If you have ever seen them, could you send a scan?
*: Dornier, Douglas, Fairchild, Bell, Convair, Fokker, Hunting, Piaggio, Ryan, Caproni

For the Caproni one, I have checked the book "Aeroplani Caproni" by Rosario Abate, Pub. Museo Caproni. The Ca.140 & Ca.142 are mentioned but not the Ca.141… As the Ca.140 is not illustrated, I imagine the Caproni Ca.141Z may have been a Ca.135 bifusoliera with a touch of asymmetry…
R_ca141z2.jpg
The Piaggio P.141 was a proposed 30-40 passenger aircraft powered by four 1200 hp engines (https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/piaggio-model-designations.17495/).

So… in my dreams, the Martin 130 China-Clipper was turned into the Martin 141 for a different user, and with a second hull to increase room for tanks thus range, with less than a double drag as one fin was enough and lateral floats were discarded, and less than a double power, decreasing weight and drag, to increase fuel and range once more. The result, "surprisingly", is asymmetric…
Chinaclipper2.gif

(thanks to http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/manatee/272/chinaclipper.html )
I would be glad to correct if someone has a better source for the Martin-141 aspect…
The link in question is no longer active.

Back
Top Bottom