• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Has anyone found this report online?

bobbymike

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Air Force Next Generation UAV Report from: http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2009/06/airforce_uas_automation_061009w/

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
seems it's not online
have tried all the keywords that should be in this *.pdf - nothing comes close...

KJ_Lesnick

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Sounds like just a wonderful idea -- the perfect assassination weapon... *sighs*

BTW: Also, am I the only person who sees a problem with the idea of UCAV's having excessive autonomy?

SOC

I look at pictures all day
Reaction score
The article says the report will be made public by the end of the month, so it probably hasn't been released yet.

KJ: yes, you are the only one here with visions of Skynet, stop watching Terminator movies! ;D

KJ_Lesnick

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
SOC,

I haven't watched Terminator movies in a LONG time... since the movie came out.

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
SOC said:
The article says the report will be made public by the end of the month, so it probably hasn't been released yet.

Seems that article talks of Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz's Unmanned Aircraft Systems Flight Plan "will be made public", not the AFRL report, though...

"Schwartz is expected sometime this summer to sign off on a plan that will define UAS activity inside the service for the next 30 years. The Unmanned Aircraft Systems Flight Plan, written by a Schwartz-appointed UAS Task Force, will be made public after it gets OK’d, probably in late June."

SOC

I look at pictures all day
Reaction score
You're right, I should pay more attention when reading :D

Here's an AFRL UAV report from 2005 for what it's worth:

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-060322-009.pdf

bobbymike

Reaction score
Here's a link to the report. Downloadable report at end of article - http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2009/07/us-air-force-looks-beyond-the.html

I

Ian33

Just downloaded it and had a good read.

All I can say is WOW! uCAVs are the way forward, and the General has said clearly that they will be doing air to air missions as well. Sweet.

sferrin

Reaction score
Ian33 said:
Just downloaded it and had a good read.

All I can say is WOW! uCAVs are the way forward, and the General has said clearly that they will be doing air to air missions as well. Sweet.

Easy there. Generals have said lots of things over the years.

sferrin

Reaction score
Ian33 said:
True. Very true.

I'll egt back in my box now. :-X

LOL! I didn't mean anything by it other than generals have said lots of things so take it with a bag of salt. Just look at Orionblamblam's Orion Battleship. Generals were touting that as well. ;)