Happy rendering Me-P.1079-1

PlanesPictures

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
It is quit long time when I promised you to release PovRay sources of Lockheed L-2000 but as I wrote it was only one model what I lost and as I checked my archives it is definitively true. But it is time to support younger render-men. For your start I will release a lot of old models and later I will reexport from my own UV-mapping studio some news, too. Only short note, these first model are nine years old and in that time PovRay didn't know UV-mapping and all textures are mapped as single for every part of model. I will release .psd textures, too and you will be royalty free to create new textures, modify scenes etc. What do you need? PovRay - free render engine. You can download last version 3.62 from www.povray.org. I started with testing of all scenes. For Me-P.1079-1 it will be ten ready scenes prepared for you. You only open in PovRay .ini file and start rendering.
Do you know some good place for .rar or .zip files with size from 10 - 100 Mbytes?
On weekend I will release one or more prepared models. On attached pictures you could see eight from ten ready scenes.

Attachments

• MeP1079-1_1.jpg
    MeP1079-1_1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 800
  • MeP1079-1_8.jpg
    MeP1079-1_8.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 70
  • MeP1079-1_7.jpg
    MeP1079-1_7.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 58
  • MeP1079-1_6.jpg
    MeP1079-1_6.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 55
  • MeP1079-1_5.jpg
    MeP1079-1_5.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 729
  • MeP1079-1_4.jpg
    MeP1079-1_4.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 748
  • MeP1079-1_3.jpg
    MeP1079-1_3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 765
  • MeP1079-1_2.jpg
    MeP1079-1_2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 787
Next small note - backgrounds were not rendered in PovRay. In that time I used for backgrounds rendering software Bryce (some older version is free, I think) but you will be able to use standart pictures from your camera or from net, too. And why I used two softwares? In PovRay scenes are described in text files and I was able to generate transformations for texture mapping in my support soft.

Great pictures, as usual, many thanks !
Just one question: In picture 3 the background seems to indicate, that the aircraft
already has reached quite an altitude. Wouldn't it be a little bit late, to jettison the
landing gear then ? AFAIK. the pilots of the Me 163 generally dropped it with the
perimeter of the airfiled, to reduce drag and weight and to safe the landing gear for
further use.

You are true, but all will be in your hands,too and I hope we will see in this forum a lot of new better pictures. This is only start I will release some really top models, too

Very good, pls let me known how to access your storage. I will try this evening to finish tests of this first model and release it with short first steps manual. Unless Me-262 family I will release my all Povray's models. There are on Luft'46 or some next one on http://pmc.sk/gatial/angelfire/lastnews.html plus some beasts as TSR.2, too

OK, short manual:
1. unrar or unzip downloaded file (for now it is not in storage)
2. start PovRay
3. open MeP1079-1.ini file from root folder
4. start Run
After short time you will see how you bring to life Me-P.1079_1 in scene 1. If you want to render some other scene copy files from subfolder ScenaN all files in MeP1091-1 root folder and continue from step 3
Note: in these scenes smoke isn't rendered but later we will have model with rendered smoke, too and you could copy it ib these scenes, too
What you can at start change:
1. in MeP1079-1.ini width and height of final picture. Width=xxx & Height=xxx
2. in MeP1079-1.INC
Radiosity - global ilumination on/off
BackgroundTexture - name of file used as background of your rendering
Texture in TOP_SPHERE - picture mapped on global sphere, important for global ilumination and reflection. Usually it is picture similar to background (or the same)
light_source - position and intensity of sun light
camera - in still pictures usually fixed, you can use orthographic or perspective camera
3. in MeP1079-1.pov - for now on end of file in last union scale, position and rotation of all model

Next later.

Attachments

• MeP1079-1_9.jpg
    MeP1079-1_9.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 56
  • MeP1079-1_10.jpg
    MeP1079-1_10.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 65
All files needed to render all presented scene you can download here
http://www.ulozisko.sk/452546/Me_P1079-1.rar
Let me know if all is working

...just a change of background so far. It's years since I last used POV-Ray and I've forgotten most of what I knew about it (which wasn't much to begin with!)

Thanks for this Jozef; I'm looking forward to what you have in store.

Attachments

• MeP1079-1.jpg
    MeP1079-1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 63