Grumman C-2C

walter

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I am :eek: , :-[ and :mad: . What did I miss ?
Is the designation C-2C Greyhound official? There are numerous photos on the net of C-2Cs, but I thought
the Greyhound was only known as the C-2A and (second batch) as the C-2A(R).
Does the C-2C designation possibly apply to the upgraded aircraft with 8-bladed props etc.?
Please make me :) again

I have no guarantee that it is official, although I very much doubt everyone would be using if it hadn't transpired from some official source at some point.

Here is what we have in connection with recent Greyhound developments:
Some additional bits of info may be found in here, too:
Not directly related to the above but still related to the Greyhound is this topic:

Indeed there are a number of photos around on the internet of the C-2C - with 4 bladed and multi-bladed props. But, if you look at the serial number of some of them they are C-2As. Also a MDS Designations update of 9/5/2014 (I think prepared by Andreas Parsch) does not list a C-2C. If you go to Northrop-Grumman's corporate website, they do not talk about a C-2C.
And if this would be an official designation that somehow we had not yet discovered, the immediate question would be 'What about the C-2B'.
So I am pretty sure this is an invention of some smart*** photographers who do not check their facts very well.

Maybe just a typo and a wrong understanding by some 'uninformed aircraft geeks':
E-2C -> "C-2C"
::) ;)

Gentlemen :)
Thank you all for the extesive replies. Much appreciated!
I am glad that apparently I did not miss anything (at least not as far as the C-2 Greyhound is concerned).
Nevertheless surpsising that a site like airliners.net has so many C-2C photos.

Best, Walter