Gladiator 2 is filming now

edwest4

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hollywood likes a sure thing but I'm not sure about this.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people (the vast majority of whom I have to assume are male, as always) appear to be suckered in by some presumably violent pseudo drama that is taking place about two millennia in the past. What gives?

Perhaps all the lopped off heads are coming back on again? What an awesome plot twist that would be... And no, I never watched the "original" movie, but I was unsolicitedly and involuntarily informed of its broad contents by word of mouth, and that told me all I really needed/didn't want to know about that particular sick, wretched, abhorrent, repulsive, disgusting, vile, exploitative piece of cinematic lowbrow slasher crap.

Last edited:
There was a lot more to it than that but, you had to think about it rather than switch off brain when the opening credits rolled.

Did Ridley Scott declare that he was making a documentary?

I thoroughly enjoyed Gladiator and was impressed by the CGI techniques used to recreate the spectacle of the Coliseum. I find it more impressive that Scott at 85 is still going strong.

I will see the next Gladiator. There is another Alien in the works and I look forward to it.

Perhaps all the lopped off heads are coming back on again? What an awesome plot twist that would be... And no, I never watched the "original" movie, but I was unsolicitedly and involuntarily informed of its broad contents by word of mouth, and that told me all I really needed/didn't want to know about that particular sick, wretched, abhorrent, repulsive, disgusting, vile, exploitative piece of cinematic lowbrow slasher crap.
You sound like a blast.

You sound like a blast.
Right back atcha, bro :cool:...

I will see the next Gladiator. There is another Alien in the works and I look forward to it.

Wait what?!

Ripley in the Coliseum trying to draw attention from the Alien feasting on the public, that sounds like a great scenario to launch both movie at once!

It never ceases to amaze me how many people (the vast majority of whom I have to assume are male, as always) appear to be suckered in by some presumably violent pseudo drama that is taking place about two millennia in the past. What gives?

Look at Greek or Roman plays written 2,000 years ago. Nothing has substantially changed since then, except for nuclear weapons.

Look at Greek or Roman plays written 2,000 years ago. Nothing has substantially changed since then, except for nuclear weapons.
Life was short; nasty and brutish back in those days. Life was cheap and slaves even cheaper.

Life was short; nasty and brutish back in those days. Life was cheap and slaves even cheaper.
And the reason to *celebrate* those depressing and regrettable but historic facts in a major movie production is exactly what? At my day and age, I really won't waste +/- 2 hours of my life by regurgitating those bygone insights by watching some bloody pseudohistoric slasher gorefest, instead of being entertained by hopefully some new original notably more inspiring, uplifting and hopeful perspectives of some other show.

Last edited:
Did Ridley Scott declare that he was making a documentary?

I thoroughly enjoyed Gladiator and was impressed by the CGI techniques used to recreate the spectacle of the Coliseum. I find it more impressive that Scott at 85 is still going strong.

Well, good for you then (I guess...?)!

Last edited:

Don't forget "game-changing" AI though... :D

Last edited:

Your point? Many movies have been made around this theme. Jason and the Argonauts comes to mind.

Don't forget "game-changing" AI though... :D

Hype. Just hype.

"M'lord. The peasants are getting tired of playing with AI."

Let them eat cake.

So disappointed, I thought you were talking about one of these. She’s so pretty … I’ll get my coat.

Attachments

• 084536BA-ECA0-4F64-909F-C0A40CBDAC7D.jpeg
    084536BA-ECA0-4F64-909F-C0A40CBDAC7D.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0